Corsair Community

Corsair Commander FW 0.0

mitchbrown91

Hi all, Bought a "Brand new" corsair cooling lighting kit from someone the other day. Installed it today and followed the guides on this forum for the software and firmware. When installing the 1.2.7 software and attempting to update the commander, all that shows in devices is commander unit at FW 0.0. As soon as i try to flash, it starts the bootloader and crashes the application. Anybody have any info?

Thanks

I had the same problem. But after waiting a while (30min) I rebooted the computer and installed 2.4.xxxx(?) version and the commander was up to date. However the coolingnode i not chooseable to update in the update list.

@Ciggie

Click the triangle next to the Corsair Commander, it should expand showing the connected nodes.

@mitchbrown91

Have you tried a different internal USB 2.0 port on the motherboard?

Latest BIOS and chipset drivers?

What operating system are you running?

@Ciggie

Click the triangle next to the Corsair Commander, it should expand showing the connected nodes.

@mitchbrown91

Have you tried a different internal USB 2.0 port on the motherboard?

Latest BIOS and chipset drivers?

What operating system are you running?

Yeah, it shows the cooling node. And it has firmware 1.1.12. But it's not able to update it.

I have tried both internal usb headers and also knocked up an adapter (internal usb to external usb) and tried all externals. Same result every time. It also shows in my device manager with a warning triangle. I have updated my bios and drivers to the latest ones on the asus website so am at a loss here. My OS is Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

I have tried both internal usb headers and also knocked up an adapter (internal usb to external usb) and tried all externals. Same result every time. It also shows in my device manager with a warning triangle. I have updated my bios and drivers to the latest ones on the asus website so am at a loss here. My OS is Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Have you updated commander to 2.06 with link 1.2.7?

If you have tried that I woul suggest you try link 2.4 and se if the commander comes up.

I have tried to update but as soon as I try with 1.2.7 it crashes the program and stay like that until I end process. It shows as FW 0.0 on 1.2.7.

Yeah it did that for me to on 1.2.7. But when I installed 2.4 after that it showed 2.06 on commander. And then in 2.4 I did a new update on the commander to 2.0.6, and that got me a bit further, but still not problem free yet.

Archived