Corsair Community

Proper Corsair Mouse?

Reignfire

I've tried many mice and very few offer what I'm looking for in a competitive mouse for FPS games. The main points of a mouse are sensor/switches, weight, and shape. I love corsair quality and love my K70 keyboard with speed switches but their mice are very lacking. Most mice use the 3360 (or better) sensor and omron switches so I won't bring this up. Corsair mice are way too heavy since a proper mouse should be between 90 and 100 grams. Then there's the shape.. There's no reason to go overboard and make mice that are uncomfortable or clunky to use. There shouldn't be sniper buttons, wings (and any sort of ledge to force fingers into a specific position), or ambidextrous side buttons. The best mouse Corsair offers is the Glaive with the smooth side insert (no ledge) but it's way too heavy. Before I spend money on the Zowie ec2-b is Corsair coming out with a mouse that can match its specs/weight/shape? It may sound weird but I like to match my keyboard and mouse so they use the same software.

I find the Dark Core quite spot on for my needs. I didn't think I would like the wings, but I added the 2nd one, and discovered I can now do a very nice palm/claw grip hybrid, which gives me great control and doesn't fatigue my hand. I move the mouse using thumb-ring-pinky using my tips instead of reacting with the mouse sides. The textured grips makes this work extremely well. It's 128g, but I find it's weight very nice.

To each their own I guess.

While we are not able to comment on unreleased products, we can take the feedback you provide and pass it along to our engineers for the development of upcoming products. Any constructive feedback you can provide will help in the design process.

I would appreciate it. Getting mice right isn't hard if you don't try to over-engineer it. A simple 95-100 gram mouse with Omron switches and a 3360 (or better) sensor and two side buttons on the left side. The shape should have subtle angles on both sides to help with lifting the mouse with a weight balance toward the center. Any number of mice do this well but end up being overweight like the DeathAdder. I also want to point out that scroll wheel and side button quality is important too. Even Zowie mice which are the best mice out there (for the most part) don't have perfect scroll wheels or side buttons. I also love rubberized coatings and rubber grips. Basically keep thumb ledges, ambidextrous buttons, sniper buttons, and gimmicky elements out of the mouse. Focus on keeping it light with safe angles while keeping the standard Corsair build quality high. The Zowie ec2-b retails for $69.99 with no bells or whistles. I wouldn't mind paying $10 more for a competitive mouse from Corsair if all the proper boxes are ticked.

...we can take the feedback you provide and pass it along to our engineers for the development of upcoming products.

Sounds great. Please tell them the market wants the following qualities from their next mouse design.

1) Side thumb buttons that are spread out around the thumb pad such that each button is unique in both tactile detection, as well as location. NOT a uniform distribution of identical buttons placed annoyingly close together.

2) A thumb "landing pad" is essential for mouse control. The thumb must have a surface to press against that won't accidently click buttons in order to maintain precise control while moving or lifting. The current Scimitar model has no place for the thumb to clamp down.

3) Solid build and perfect contours that feel comfortable throughout the various grip styles. Much like the M90/M95 mouse.

4) More than enough buttons for any gamer in any genre. Six to nine should be more than enough.

5) Simplified and easy to figure out software. A great mouse with buggy or confusing software can break a product release from purchaser feedback, alone.

There's a considerable gap in the mouse market, right now. If you guys can fill that hole with a solid release, you'd make BooKoo! I'd buy at least five.

If they’d made the Dark Core with interchangeable left side grips with different genre buttons layout (FPS, MMO, MOBA) I’d have been all over this like a cheap suit :D:

Great looking mouse that sadly just doesn’t have enough buttons for me.

Best regards

Wulf

• 1 month later...
Since Corsair doesn't recognize the market demand for this mouse design, I wanted to inform everyone interested that SteelSeries made one and it's near perfect. I bought 3 and considering buying a couple more.

Quite happy with the Dark Core. Mates well with my new laptop setup, especially since both use Bluetooth 4.2. Thinking of adding a K63 Wireless, and not need any dongles.

Archived