Corsair Community

hardest headset to use.. need help with corsair void wireless

snotplugy

just bought a corsair wireless black version

insert dongle and it installed driver

installed cue

insert charging cable

1) do i need to switch the headset on to charge? ( if i just plug in the charging cable to the headset no lights are on the earcups as they said its suppose to be )

2) for cue to detect my headphones do i need to switch my headset on?

how do i even check my battery status now -.- how do i know if its fully charged... and how do i solve the 4 problems above...

i am really confused with this pair of headsets T_T

and isnt there suppose to be charging lights on my ear cups?

also i used to be able to use my headphones along with speakers, now i gotta switch default devices each time i wana use my speakers or headset.

someone please help me.

Hi,

CUE need your Dongle to detect your void. In the quick guide is write: load first your headset before use.

So to question 1 and 2: no.

But if you want use your void and load it, it must be on. ^^

But, don't press any buttons, if you put in the charging cable!

so if i put in charging cable without switchin it on? how do i know if its charging and if its full?+

and that noise cancelling thing how do i make it work? if my fan is blowing at me the mic captures it...

lastly how do i make my speakers work at the same time with my headset?

Battery level can be seen in CUE. Under Settings > Devices. The infoMic LED closest to the headset will pulse to indicate it charging. When fully charged, it will be solid green. If the headset is on, the side LEDS will pulse orange to indicate charging, solid green to indicate fully charged.

You might be able to use both the speakers and headset at the same time if you have Stereo Mix under recording devices.

You might be able to use both the speakers and headset at the same time if you have Stereo Mix under recording devices.

i did that but still doesnt work anyone else know how? or tell me the steps to do it please

If the headset is on, the side LEDS will pulse orange to indicate charging, solid green to indicate fully charged.

when headset is on and charging it just goes rainbow..

and that noise cancelling thing how do i make it work? if my fan is blowing at me the mic captures it...

also if my mic is facing upwards ( pushed all the way up ) when i shake my headphones a little its kinda shakey is that normal?

-Did you click Listen to this device then pick your headset instead of the default audio device?

-There is a known issue with the charging indicators when the USB charging cable is plugged in. Where the side LEDS will stay green when fully charged. It may be resolved in the next firmware.

-Not sure about the noise cancelling microphone. I think its something that is done automatically.

-Do you mean the headset is quite loose when you put it on? If so, it is probably normal. The headset was mainly designed for comfort for long hours. -

-Did you click Listen to this device then pick your headset instead of the default audio device?

-There is a known issue with the charging indicators when the USB charging cable is plugged in. Where the side LEDS will stay green when fully charged. It may be resolved in the next firmware.

-Not sure about the noise cancelling microphone. I think its something that is done automatically.

-Do you mean the headset is quite loose when you put it on? If so, it is probably normal. The headset was mainly designed for comfort for long hours. -

1)when i do the first thing i get double sounds from speakers...

2)ok... lets hope they fix it soon

3) no i mean like if i have a fan blowing into my mic how do i make it not detect?

4) no the mic itself the mic stick facing upwards not the headset.

1. What do you mean by having your speakers work as the same time as the headset? If you mean have it play different audio, you might be able to do that by changing the output device of your media player to the speakers instead. Stereo Mix plays the same sound you hear on your headset to the speakers.

3. I'm not quite sure how its implemented. It will be best to put in a support ticket and see what Corsair says;

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

4. Ok, its normal.

The mic boom uses Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) AKA thermoplastic rubbers, allowing it to be flexible and keep its structural integrity.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607

1. What do you mean by having your speakers work as the same time as the headset? If you mean have it play different audio, you might be able to do that by changing the output device of your media player to the speakers instead. Stereo Mix plays the same sound you hear on your headset to the speakers.

3. I'm not quite sure how its implemented. It will be best to put in a support ticket and see what Corsair says;

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

4. Ok, its normal.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607

1) using my headphones ( sound playing from headphone ) AT THE SAME TIME speakers on and sound playing from speakers too.

that way i don't have to keep opening up playback devices and set headphones or speakers as default each time i wana switch using either.

2) does anyone else know?

3) i dont mean it being flexable. i mean when its kept facing 12 oclock it is not stiff there it is shakey.. will take a video soon

• Corsair Employee

You can have dual audio playing but you can't have the same stream through USB playing through two simultaneous devices. You can listen to music on your media player (by selecting a different output) and have game audio be routed through your headset by selecting the proper output but you can't have USB audio go through both your headset and the speakers.

Also, the looseness is normal because the stick is meant to be super flexible. You can bend and twist it all around your finger.

You can have dual audio playing but you can't have the same stream through USB playing through two simultaneous devices. You can listen to music on your media player (by selecting a different output) and have game audio be routed through your headset by selecting the proper output but you can't have USB audio go through both your headset and the speakers.

Also, the looseness is normal because the stick is meant to be super flexible. You can bend and twist it all around your finger.

the noise canceling thing?

my speakers are not through usb btw..

Then you should be able to go into either your game settings or application settings and changing the audio device to either your default device, speakers, or headset.

thats the thing... every single time i switch from speaker to headset or headset to speaker... i need to click on my tray ... pull up playback devices... go to playback...click speaker as my default device... the next time i want to use my headsets... i need to click on my tray.. pull up playback devices click on headset and set as default.. its so much hassle.

did not have that issue with my steelseries headset... i could plug and play both at the same time.

Could you provide an example of what you're trying to do?

Because with WoW, DOTA 2, and Skype do have an option to change the speaker/headset settings without having to change default playback device.

every single time i want to use my headphones instead of speakers...these are the steps i must do.

1) switch on headphones

2) click on the arrow button on tray at the bottom right of my desktop screen

3) rightclick on the volume icon

4) click on " playback devices "

5) a window opens up with a list of playback devices

6) i have to rightclick headset earphones and click set as default device before the sound comes into my headset.

and after using my headset and wanting to switch back to speakers i must repeat step 1 to 6 all over again.

^ thats problem number 1.

problem number 2:

i used to be able to use my HEADSET + SPEAKERS both at the same time producing sounds... but now i can only use 1 at a time.

Sorry snotplugy... I'm still not understanding what exactly you're trying to do. Are you trying to get the same audio out of both devices at the same time?

If so, that is something that is not natively supported by Windows. By default Windows will have audio streams going through 1 device. The exception is if you have drivers (such as Realtek) or 3rd party applications to allow audio streams to go to multiple devices at the same time.

If you're trying to get certain applications to provide audio such as your headset to provide audio for Skype while your games' audio coming from your speakers. You should be able to set that in those applications' settings.

Sorry snotplugy... I'm still not understanding what exactly you're trying to do. Are you trying to get the same audio out of both devices at the same time?

If so, that is something that is not natively supported by Windows. By default Windows will have audio streams going through 1 device. The exception is if you have drivers (such as Realtek) or 3rd party applications to allow audio streams to go to multiple devices at the same time.

If you're trying to get certain applications to provide audio such as your headset to provide audio for Skype while your games' audio coming from your speakers. You should be able to set that in those applications' settings.

oh wow i was not sure that i was not clear enough. ok let me state the issue very very very clearly.

I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS 6 ENTIRE STEPS

every time i want to use switch my headphones to speakers and speakers to headphones

every single time i want to use my headphones instead of speakers...these are the steps i must do.

1) switch on headphones

2) click on the arrow button on tray at the bottom right of my desktop screen

3) rightclick on the volume icon

4) click on " playback devices "

5) a window opens up with a list of playback devices

6) i have to rightclick headset earphones and click set as default device before the sound comes into my headset.

and after using my headset and wanting to switch back to speakers i must repeat step 1 to 6 all over again.

THE ABOVE IS PROBLEM NUMBER ONE

ON A TOTALLY SEPERATE PROBLEM THAT I HAVE WITH THIS PAIR OF HEADPHONES ARE COMPARED TO MY PREVIOUS STEEL SERIES HEADPHONES.

i used to be able to use my HEADSET + SPEAKERS both at the same time producing sounds... but now i can only use 1 at a time.

SO WHAT YOU CLAIM IS INVALID. WINDOWS IS ABLE TO DO SO..

• 2 weeks later...

You can quickly switch the default audio device in Windows by using a third party application.

e.g. AudioSwitcher

http://audioswit.ch/er

I'm not too sure about the headset and speakers playing audio at the same time.

I think you mean you want to play audio through the speakers without changing the default audio device? For example. You turn off your speakers or mute them and use the headset to play a game. But when you quit the game, you turn the headset off and turn on the speakers? Is it something like that? Which SteelSeries headset did you previously use?

You can quickly switch the default audio device in Windows by using a third party application.

e.g. AudioSwitcher

http://audioswit.ch/er

I'm not too sure about the headset and speakers playing audio at the same time.

I think you mean you want to play audio through the speakers without changing the default audio device? For example. You turn off your speakers or mute them and use the headset to play a game. But when you quit the game, you turn the headset off and turn on the speakers? Is it something like that? Which SteelSeries headset did you previously use?

yes exactly what u mention..

siberia v2

From a quick Google, the Siberia v2 use analogue jacks. This means it is most likely controlled by the onboard audio controller. I would assume you would plug the headphones in from the front and it will just work and after unplugging them it will automatically switch back to the speakers as they are still plugged in.

Unfortunately, this is not possible with the VOID Wireless as it isn't controlled by the onboard audio driver. It has its own separate drivers from it which is why you will need to change the default audio device. Not convenient, but there isn't really a quicker way where Windows will automatically do it for you/allow you to do something like it.

Archived