Corsair Community

h115i doesnt fit in my 570x

Arock387

So it doesn't fit? Maybe its the fault of the motherboard I'm using but the CPU power headers is at the top left of the motherboard therefore I cannot mount the fans under the radiator. Ive had to mount the two ML fans on the top of the case then mount the radiator under the lid. which doesn't allow me to put the filter or top glass back on

Is this just my motherboard causing the issue? Do other motherboards have that CPU header in a different spot? I don't want to front mount it because then that limits the case to only two front fans.

The 460 & 570 were never 280mm top mount compatible. I thought this was indicated on the product page, but at the moment it appears to be a generic listing of coolers that fit with no specific references to placement. The above solution is the only one available.

If the fan plug is the only thing stopping you, use a different fan header. You will need to disable the CPU boot error/low speed warning for CPU fan in the BIOS. The H115i does not take power or control along that line, but still set the header to disabled or whatever language ASRock uses. That should prevent fan programs from trying to tune the pump.

Most people have additional collisions issues with RAM, the VRM heatsink, or ATX plugs on top. The case is not overly wide the extra on the 140mm fans does you in.

No its the two CPU plugs that go on the top left of the motherboard. Its JUST big enough that I cannot fit the fans under the radiator. Of course I didn't try mounting the radiator underneath the fans. Its a smoother finish to it so maybe I can push it back but I doubt there is room. I really don't want to give up the case. I also really don't want to give up the top filter and glass. I don't think I like the look of the front mounted dual fans. It just doesn't look right for this case.

Radiator below the fans is probably worse. If you really like the case, then perhaps you should consider another cooler that fits the way you want. Coolers don’t last forever, so don’t make major decisions that revolve around them. A 240mm will fit up top. A 360mm is a clean front fit (240 as well).

However, I would not do anything until you give the upper photo a try. A lot of people run the 280mm radiator behind the 3x120, with the stock 140mm fans supporting on the interior. This will work.

• 1 year later...
Radiator below the fans is probably worse. If you really like the case, then perhaps you should consider another cooler that fits the way you want. Coolers don’t last forever, so don’t make major decisions that revolve around them. A 240mm will fit up top. A 360mm is a clean front fit (240 as well).

However, I would not do anything until you give the upper photo a try. A lot of people run the 280mm radiator behind the 3x120, with the stock 140mm fans supporting on the interior. This will work.

C-Attack- When you say the stock 140 mm fans supporting the interior, do you mean adding two on top mount? I have the 460X. Newb builder here and just started today with the H115 Platinum. I have no issue with how the radiator looks mounted behind the 3X120. Just trying to see what else I can do on top.