Corsair Community

2 sets of memory failing with Memtest

monte1985

Hi . Having problems with 2 sets of memory. First set is the one i always have in my system . CM2X2048-8500C5D ver 1.1 These are the ones too that came with the dominator fan.

Tested with memtest and getting errors on boths sticks and it wont even let windows boot and says files corrupt and wont even let me repair windows or even boot from windows disk.

To RMA these do i need to also send the fan back with it ? I know the fan bearings do make a little noise when the computer is first started .

Second set of memory i have is CM2X1024-8500C5D ver 6.1 . These were a replacement for a previous set of memory i had RMA before i switched to the 4 GB set . These were never installed or tested. I wanted to keep them so i had a set to put in if i had a problem with my other memory. Well put both sticks in and the computer would not even boot to the bios . Took one stick out and computer now booted and and everything works fine . Took that stick out and tried other stick in both slots and computer will not boot to bios . So one stick is bad .

So i will need both sets to be RMA

hi

It never good to mixe 2 kit of memory

You could ave trouble even with identical kit of the same version, if it not form the same lot.

And you ave mixte 2 complitely deferant kit so

First test all memory stick individualy to see if 1 defect

You could still check bios if it up to date

As it improve compatibility and stability

But a don't think it will do any good

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Im not mixing the 2 kits . The second kit is for backup when the first set dont work so i can use the computer . Well the sec set is bad. And yes i tested each stick individual. Both sticks in the first set give errors and wont let windows boot . Second set one stick wont even let it boot to bios the motherboard just beeps . The other stick in the second set boots computer fine and no errors. Bios is latest bios and all set to stock timings and proper voltage for the memory . I have been through this enough times to know its the memory thats bad.

I'm not running all 4 slots. Was only using the 4gb kit which was only 2 sticks . The other memory was for back up when it went bad . I'll just submit an rma but my question is the 4gb kit came with the dominator fan do I keep the fan or sent that along with the memory

Archived