Corsair Community

Editing posts

Why do Corsair here edit the posts that are somewhat negative towards them? I think we should have the freedom to post what we feel is an honest and upfront appraisal whether it be negative or positive about a product from Corsair. I think it is beyond the pail for corsair to re-hash or edit what folks, who, have forked out their hard earned dollars and then have issues with the product to have their complaint or praise or whatever be it towards another company censored because it does not fit the "FIGJAM" mentality of some of the moderators here............Come on what gives? Worried that someone will read the thread and decide NOT to buy the crud you are now pushing? This is just not good enough from a company whose praises I coudn't sing high enough. Disgusted with you guys!

DO NOT GO AROUND THE FILTERS.

The filters currently block any text that match the following conditions:

vulgar language (see rules # 6, 7, 8)

spam (see rules # 13, 14)

competitor's names (see rules # 9, 13, 14)

variations of the above conditions

if you mean that you clearly violated the rules of the forum that you agreed to follow when you joined and you are sore about it?

just making sure i am clear about what you are complaining about....

the mods and admins are supporting the rules put in place, they didnt WRITE them.

That's fair enough! But my beef is when words are switched around to make it look like I had posted that verbatim is just not good enough in my boat. If I have indeed broke the rules then tell me so.........Not re-hash my post to make it look like I have said what I in fact DID NOT!!!!!!

what i'd suggest is if that happens send a PM to Wired or Yellowbeard and ask WHY it was edited before you need to post a thread like this. you may or may not agree with the explanation but at least you will get an official answer.

anyway i didnt pop in this thread to berate you so ill back out and wish you well.

Ok thanks for the advice. As you can see I'm a noob here and I just couldn't understand the autocracy that I have seen in this forum. However, If I had behaved in an errant fashion, I would have liked the opportunity to edit my own post and not have had it done for me. I thought having someone else's words to be passed off as my own from a 'Corsair' rep was pretty poor form. I could have been sent a message rather than have my post turned around to make the readers think that I had in fact posted something that I had in fact not.

I just thought that mode of conduct to be well below the belt, even for Corsair!

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103445

Here's the edits I see from someone other than you:

1 deleted post where you said "Buy ******** lol"

Reason for deletion: Promotion of Corsair's competition is strictly against the rules. No further explanation needed.

Edited post # 1:

Ram Guy removed a reference to the above post. You then edited it to say the name of a competitor and went around the filter (now fixed)

I think that one is the one you're referring to. The spot where you believe they put words into your mouth - look closely at the text. It's IDENTICAL to the post above it. They didn't attempt to do what you think they did. It looks like what happened is that when they attempted to fix So_Bad's quote to add "Not allowed", they copied / pasted the BBCODE wrong. If you read the post now you'll see it fixed.

Here's a pic of exactly what was edited (red was what was removed, green is what was added):

attachment.php?attachmentid=10124

a.JPG.807b04f00157b2bbe54a9e59886a2240.JPG

Archived