Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 not working

MikePatton

OK so, I finally got the CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 kit and it's not working.

I set the times and voltage manually to 9-9-9-24 / 1.5V (I also set the frequency to 1066 like RAMGUY advised to everybody trying to run the 4 modules) and managed to run 2x2Gb in a pretty stable fashion. Further from that, nothing but fail. If I add a third module Windows won't load and if I try with 4 modules I get the memory error beeps (3) and won't even post. I also tried raising the MCH voltage but it didn't work.

I'm not looking for speed at all, all I need is as much stability as I can get. I attached a picture of the settings, let me know what else you need.

HELP!

Untitled-1.jpg.96aa74a1baed1d226cbc85ba9270ef95.jpg

Thanks RAMGUY, that's what I gathered from all the threads I read where people were having the same problem. I tried all that but nothing worked.

I decided to go back and check each module independently in every slot but this time I let the PC running for a few hours with each single module and everything went fine with the first three, but then when I left the fourth one running and came back Windows had crashed. After that the PC didn't even post again, the fans turn on but it gives me nothing but a black screen, no beeps or anything. I switched the module to slots 2,3 and 4 and tried booting several times just to be sure but the same exact thing kept happening. After that I replaced the module for one of the others and the PC booted immediately.

Does this means I got a faulty module? This is the first time something like this happens to me.

Archived