Corsair Community

Corsair keeps crashing

maserowik

I have purchased a Corsair one for my son. The machine was running fine till a few weeks ago. As long as we do BASIC applications, Word, Excel, Internet browsing the computer is fine no crashing. As soon as we try Fortnite, Roblox, Fallout 4, CS:GO, City Skylines, the Corsair One reboot all by itself. Looking at the event viewer is see a error saying the previous reboot was unexpected. I call up Corsair One on 5/28/2018 and got in touch with one of the support engineers. He was almost certain that it was due to a graphics card driver was at fault. He directed me to do a system restore. Well that work for the time being. Following day the Corsair One started to reboot on it's own when one of the above games were played. I called back on 5/29/2018 and stated the issue has not been resolved and was told a tech would call me back. Well on Saturday 6/2/2018 I still did not receive a call back so I call again. I was on hold for over 1 hour and then the line went dead. So I call again Sunday 6/3/2018 and was told that all tech were busy and I would get a call back. So here I am waiting for a tech to call me back, if I ever get a call back.

I am starting to double guess myself on this Corsair One.

I do have a ticket number.

Sorry for rant, but I been in the computer industry for over 30 years and never has such a pain to deal with.

• Corsair Employee
I have purchased a Corsair one for my son. The machine was running fine till a few weeks ago. As long as we do BASIC applications, Word, Excel, Internet browsing the computer is fine no crashing. As soon as we try Fortnite, Roblox, Fallout 4, CS:GO, City Skylines, the Corsair One reboot all by itself. Looking at the event viewer is see a error saying the previous reboot was unexpected. I call up Corsair One on 5/28/2018 and got in touch with one of the support engineers. He was almost certain that it was due to a graphics card driver was at fault. He directed me to do a system restore. Well that work for the time being. Following day the Corsair One started to reboot on it's own when one of the above games were played. I called back on 5/29/2018 and stated the issue has not been resolved and was told a tech would call me back. Well on Saturday 6/2/2018 I still did not receive a call back so I call again. I was on hold for over 1 hour and then the line went dead. So I call again Sunday 6/3/2018 and was told that all tech were busy and I would get a call back. So here I am waiting for a tech to call me back, if I ever get a call back.

I am starting to double guess myself on this Corsair One.

I do have a ticket number.

Sorry for rant, but I been in the computer industry for over 30 years and never has such a pain to deal with.

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you PM me your ticket number so I may look into this issue for you?

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you PM me your ticket number so I may look into this issue for you?

Ticket number is

i was doing some troubleshooting on my own and it appears to be a issue with either the power supply or the Nvidia 1080 TI.

When i run the built in test it fails on the video test. The video test starts and then machine reboots.

If i keep the computer on a page that is not a game it works fine.

I included a link from the Nvidia Support page and added to the ticket.

Please advise on next steps in troubleshooting.

Mike

• Corsair Employee
Ticket number is

i was doing some troubleshooting on my own and it appears to be a issue with either the power supply or the Nvidia 1080 TI.

When i run the built in test it fails on the video test. The video test starts and then machine reboots.

If i keep the computer on a page that is not a game it works fine.

I included a link from the Nvidia Support page and added to the ticket.

Please advise on next steps in troubleshooting.

Mike

This sound like an issue with the PCI-E ribbon cable, not much you can do beside replacing the unit. I have already forwarded your ticket to our team, they will take care of you from there, just check your ticket and email regularly. Sorry to hear about your experience, this machine is a lot more than just trouble.

Archived