Corsair Community

Best Traveling Solution for the Corsair One Elite?

jbrualdi

I've been looking for the best way to store my Corsair One when I travel with it and I've come to the conclusion that a duffel bag between 19" - 23" will work well. My problem is I cant fine a duffel bag that will fit the computer, a compact Razer Keyboard, Mouse, cables, etc. I also want it to be able to hold my tablet and chargers. Basicly it needs a large rectangular pocket for the keyboard and smaller ones for everything else. The main pocket has to fit the One itself. I haven't been able to find a bag that has all of these things, I'd appreciate any help in finding a better bag or another solution to this problem. Thank You!

• Corsair Employee
I've been looking for the best way to store my Corsair One when I travel with it and I've come to the conclusion that a duffel bag between 19" - 23" will work well. My problem is I cant fine a duffel bag that will fit the computer, a compact Razer Keyboard, Mouse, cables, etc. I also want it to be able to hold my tablet and chargers. Basicly it needs a large rectangular pocket for the keyboard and smaller ones for everything else. The main pocket has to fit the One itself. I haven't been able to find a bag that has all of these things, I'd appreciate any help in finding a better bag or another solution to this problem. Thank You!

I wouldn't recommend duffel bag...your system will not survive. If you're wondering what we use to transport CORSAIR ONE here on our end, we use pelican case. A hard shell case with high-density foam insert is recommended.

FYI I'd asked a similar question (re transport of a One) before and the best answer I got (and what I've been using) is the box it came in.

Would appreciate link to (or at least identification of) the correct sized pelican case and where to get and how to shape, if necessary, the referenced high-density form insert ... sounds like all of that is stuff Corsair now knows.

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't recommend duffel bag...your system will not survive. If you're wondering what we use to transport CORSAIR ONE here on our end, we use pelican case. A hard shell case with high-density foam insert is recommended.

What size/model pelican case do you all use?

• 3 weeks later...

I did some research (although doesn't look like I will need for several months, so not buying now).

Pelican said their length measurement means case L to R, width means case front to back, and depth means top to bottom. They suggest 1.5" to 2" cushion.

Corsair One is 15" long, 8" wide, 6.93" deep.

Pelican Air 1557 case is 17" long (2" cushion), 13" wide (5" cushion) and 9.75" deep (2.75" cushion) - that seems like the best bet of the lighter weight Air line. I didn't check the standard line, but someone above said 1510. Believe 1535 is the Air equivalent, but its depth is slightly smaller than the 1510 (7.21" vs 7.6") and I question whether 0.14" is sufficient cushion at top and bottom of case (not that .33" seems like much either).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived