Corsair Community

CUE needs to be restarted on every boot

dstarr3

On every boot, CUE will start, but it won't detect my keyboard, so I get the default lighting profile and none of my G keys work. I have to close CUE and reopen it every single time before it'll work properly. I tried updating to the newest version, but the problem persists. Anybody have any clue as to what's causing this and how to fix this? Thanks.

K95 RGB, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Absolute awful software ! On every 3 boot ups of my system would not recognize my keyboard K70. Only way to get it recognized is to plug and unplug the keyboard... I am not doing that every-time, its annoying and its not supposed to be doing it !!! I'll wait another month and most likely sell off all my corsair peripherals cause this is so annoying.

Absolute awful software ! On every 3 boot ups of my system would not recognize my keyboard K70. Only way to get it recognized is to plug and unplug the keyboard... I am not doing that every-time, its annoying and its not supposed to be doing it !!! I'll wait another month and most likely sell off all my corsair peripherals cause this is so annoying.

Seriously. I made the move over from Logitech because of their awful, awful software, I didn't think Corsair's could be much worse, but holy hell, it is.

Haven't had that since latest CUE 2.15 but its not been that long since I updated.

Changing bios profile will also fix it btw.

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to with "bios profile." I checked the firmware, and it says the latest is v2.05, which I've been running.

Seriously. I made the move over from Logitech because of their awful, awful software, I didn't think Corsair's could be much worse, but holy hell, it is.

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to with "bios profile." I checked the firmware, and it says the latest is v2.05, which I've been running.

There is a switch in the side of the keyboard, not sure if yours have it too.

Logitech software is awful??? They probably have the most stable software out there. Not the most powerful but for sure most stable.

Are you fully initializing your USB devices in your BIOS? Do you have fast boot enabled?

Logitech software is awful??? They probably have the most stable software out there. Not the most powerful but for sure most stable.

That hasn't been my experience at all. About twice a year, the software would cause a BSOD and lose all of my settings, and would always fail to import them, so I'd have to configure all my keybindings from scratch.

Anyway, I think I managed to solve my problem while experimenting with other solutions. It seems to be have been fixed by turning "launch on startup" off and then back on. I don't know if this will keep, but I've had a couple successful boots now.

Been having this issue with my MM800 and Silent Strafe Keyboard. I have to say Corsair has been having buggy software for a long long time. Thankfully I got the Best Buy warranty, about to return both for crappy software reasons and move to Logitech. This is unacceptable, its been going on for a while. I hate to have to keep either rebooting or having to unplug and plug the peripherals in order for the software to detect the mousepad and keyboard.

Logitech software for the most part has very stable software but their hardware is not up to par with Corsair and Razer doesn't have good hardware that lasts...

• 8 months later...

Same... I have a Corsair VOID RGB and Everytime windows boots, CUE launches, but does not connect (or does connect, but in a weird state where both indicator led's are on and still doesn't work)

I then have to manually quit CUE and restart it, at which point everything is fine.

I'm using the latest version of CUE.

• 2 weeks later...
I just registered an account to say this. I've had this keyboard (K70 LUX RGB) for probably over a year now, doing the same exact thing. I'm gonna try to make a delay timer script for CUE and see if that works, but right now it'll just boot the software without detecting the keyboard. So any advanced effects won't load basically, have to quit out the software the load it again if I want the flashy effects and all. Kind of ridiculous it's been this long of an issue TBH.

So since Corsair just wants to pump out LEDs and new and cool ways to program the different shades of LEDs on your RAM and iCUE and all that nonsense without actually giving a crap about an issue 90% of us are having with their current software and hardware, I had to make a rudimentary crappy script for this problem that'll help most people out I think.

If you're using Windows 10 in your run command (Win + R) type shell:startup, in your start up folder make a batch script with the following.

timeout 5 >nul

start "1" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe"

exit

Disable the startup from Windows 10 in your typical startup applications and just let this one run instead. It should work, you can increase or decrease the time depending on whatever but I found that this worked for me just fine. All it is, is a delay for when your booting Windows I'm assuming so that it can read all of its USB drives before it boots up applications like CUE when it's not ready. I really have no idea what the hell was even going on but somewhere along the motherboard manufacturers, Microsoft and Corsair issues were not discussed. Corsair should take the lead on this issue, since ITS THEIR PRODUCT that's not working correctly, not Windows and not my motherboard but THEIR KEYBOARD.

EDIT:

IT STILL HAPPENS, seems way less often but I still get it even with this. IDK this solution seemed to help it for the most part so try your luck but just fair warning it'll still happen to me about once every 20 boots or so.

Archived