Corsair Community

H50 issue - temperature and "whistlling"

Madz0r

Hey,

I think I have an issue with my H50.

When my i5 is at full load, the H50 (or fan) starts to kinda whistle, only on full load. While the noise itself doesn't bother me, it's the fact that once in a while, for like 4-5 seconds the whistling stops and the CPU temp drops about 10c. And when the whistling starts again temperature hops back up.

Seems kinda weird, is it just my unit (RMA?) or is anyone else experiencing this?

Hey,

I think I have an issue with my H50.

When my i5 is at full load, the H50 (or fan) starts to kinda whistle, only on full load. While the noise itself doesn't bother me, it's the fact that once in a while, for like 4-5 seconds the whistling stops and the CPU temp drops about 10c. And when the whistling starts again temperature hops back up.

Seems kinda weird, is it just my unit (RMA?) or is anyone else experiencing this?

Check your fan(s) and pump RPM's during one of these cycles, also use Prime95 and RealTemp and log at one second intervals, drop into a spreadsheet and plot the time series.

Make surte there are no other processes running that might be the cause of the cyclic behavior.

Seems I figured it out,

I've been using IntelBurnTest, and even though it's being reported as being 100% loaded there is some kind of pause between each run.

It does not happen while running Prime95.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Seems I figured it out,

I've been using IntelBurnTest, and even though it's being reported as being 100% loaded there is some kind of pause between each run.

It does not happen while running Prime95.

Sorry for the inconvience.

IBT v2.5 still has this behavior, but it is much reduced from IBT v2.4.

IBT will catch an unstable system much faster than Prime95, at least that's been my experience.

But don't believe the IBT author's claim of 22C higher than Prime95, it's more like 1C max differential (higher) than Prime95.

Archived