Corsair Community

K90 will recieve info but not react to keystrokes

GateEight

I have been using my K90 for a few years without problems.

Yesterday I switched on my computer, but could no longer type anything. I noticed that one of the capslock/numlock/scroll lock diodes were blinking slowly, but besides that the keyboard seemed dead.

I then opened the mouse/keyboard setting from the system tray which detected both my corsair mouse and the keyboard. By clicking (with the mouse) on some of the keyboard settings (like the light intensity and the M1,M2,M3 icons), I could see that everything I did on the computer, with the mouse, would send to the keyboard without trouble. The light behind the keys got adjusted up and down without trouble and the "ring" around each of the "M" buttons would also switch on and off correspondingly. So there IS contact between the keyboard and the computer.

I also tried connecting the keyboard to an older Win XP machine (the machine I normally have been using the keyboard on runs Win10), and as soon as i plugged in the USB the XP machine would recognize the keyboard without trouble and install the drivers - yet still I could not type anything.

Finally I tried to "re-start" the keyboard by holding down the ESC key while plugging it in (I am not even sure if this is only something that will work for the RGB keyboards of if this would also have an effect for mine), but unfortunately this also didn't work.

Is there anything else I can do? Re-install the firmware (using my XP machine)?

Thank you for getting back with a suggestion this quick. It's much appreciated.

I am now convinced that the keyboard WAS stuck in bios mode before I began trying to fix it. Unfortunately it seems like when I unplugged and tried using it on another computer or maybe when I tried reinstalling the driver (or most likely when I tried unplugging/plugin while holding ESC) that it dropped out of bios mode. The scroll lock diode is no longer blinking and I still can't get the keyboard to detect when I'm pressing any keys.

Which unfortunately means that the F1/win lock key presses also do not do anything.

Anything I click with the mouse (backlit setting/M-buttons) still "works" on the keyboard when I try that.

Is there anything else I can do before trying to reflash the firmware? Hard reset or anything?

Archived