Corsair Community

M95 Power Damage

cadull

After replacing a failed power supply, my M95 mouse appears to have been damaged. There is no sign of life when plugged in, except if I remove and plug it in again quickly; it then turns on the top and bottom profile lights only. When this happens, Windows will install drivers for a kbd device, but it otherwise doesn't function. I've checked it on another computer also. Is there something I can try before buying a new one?

Thanks for the link. I tried the procedure and a few variants. Windows thinks the device is working correctly, with hardware on the "KBD Boot Loader" device displayed as "Corsair M95 Gaming Mouse" and "HID-compliant mouse". It's odd that the latest download from Corsair is firmware 2.24, but the updater shows my firmware as 3.01 (and software version 1.3).

If I attempt to update the firmware, it goes through the erasing flash memory process, but fails attempting to upload the new firmware with message "Firmware update failed, please re-plug device and try again!" As per my original post, I could only do this by reinserting the plug; otherwise it behaves as if it was disconnected.

I'm not sure if this is covered by Warranty, but if you are still in warranty (Two years from purchase date), request an RMA, explain your issue and see if Corsair will replace the mouse for you.

Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase.

Thanks for your help. I will try via my place of purchase. Over a short time frame, I've lost two hard drives, a power supply, a system fan and this mouse. Although I suspect the power supply, I am only guessing. Interestingly the power supply still supplies correct voltages according to a power supply tester, but nothing happens when attempting to start the computer (the power supply fan turns when testing, but not when connected to the motherboard). The new power supply works fine.

Archived