Corsair Community

Q: BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus Formula VI and Obsidian 450D?

Lathspell

Hello! ;)

I want to upgrade my old PC and now it's time to pick a new case. Obsidian 450D really caught my eye but i think there might be a problem: i have Asus Maximus VI Formula with armor and BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 and i don't know if i can fit them into that case.

Previously i wanted to buy 750D but standoffs makes my motherboard hard to mount with armor. The problem can be solved with longer screws but i have some difficulties to buy proper ones in my country (Poland). :/

So... 450D is almost perfect for me but that CPU cooling issue... Specs is not reliable for me because didn't concerns motherboard + armor.

Can anyone confirm i can use Dark Rock Pro 3 with Formula VI and 450D? Anybody uses the similar configuration?

Armor has nothing to do with anything. The space between the mother and the case will be the same as well as the thickness of cpu socket. Armor doesn't change socket dimensions as all. Just covers the board. If any motherboard fits with said cooler any other one will too.

Don't know how reliable this is but...

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/case/?compatible_with=be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk019

Yeah, i saw that chart earlier, i did some research and that's why i finally asked on forum. It might be true but with other motherboards than Formula VI (or any armor motherboard). Why?

From other forum CLICK so when i mount Dark Rock Pro 3, it's backplate which don't fit well bend armor and that could take some mm. According to spec, Obsidian 450D case support max 165mm CPU cooler height, Dark Rock Pro 3 has 163mm (without mounting material) so... I'm still not sure... :/

Archived