Corsair Community

New Build with the 570X (AIO questions)

Emelth

Oh no, not another 570 thread!?!??! Yes, unfortunately its another one but please cut me some slack. I've been out of the PC build since 2013 (my last build). Its time to upgrade and I'm looking to work with the Crystal 570X.

I've watched a lot of reviews on youtube and read a couple of the threads on here as well. But I just want to make sure I'm getting all the parts I need on the first order. This by far will be best build I've done for myself, never had an AIO before and gonna attempt to OC.

So first off what I'm looking at getting for the next build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($389.89 @ B&H)

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($84.99 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($184.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Corsair - Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($225.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($127.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card ($489.89 @ B&H)

Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($179.98 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.98 @ Amazon)

Keyboard: Corsair - K95 RGB PLATINUM Wired Gaming Keyboard ($149.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $1998.68

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-02 10:13 EST-0500

First off the AIO, I was going to go with the H115i but I heard that its geared more towards big OC's. I'm probably going to do a light to mild OC if I can figure it out properly. In this link below it shows a 570X with a top mounted Corsair AIO rads and fans. This mostly depends on the Mobo clearance on whether or not I'll be able to pull it off, if not can I mount the radiator to the front behind the case fans?

[ame]

[/ame]

For the RAM I wanted to go with the RGB but don't know if it will fit, but this Dominator is CAS 15 vs RGB was CAS 16 for the same price. Or should I go with the LPX RAM for clearance safety?

Also since I want to use the LL Fans am I going to need the commander pro to make it easier with the LED strips as well? Do i still use the controller that is already in the 570X and hook it to the Commander?

I'm thinking I will need

2 3-Pack LL120 Fans (1 3-pack for the front and the other for the top and rear exhaust

Commander Pro (comes with 4 LED strips, are they long enough or do I need to buy more nodes?)

Hopefully, this will all work out, thanks for any advice and information you can give me!

Some thoughts/comments:

The 3 Pack of LL fans comes with a 6 port hub and a Lighting Node Pro. You don't need to 3 packs ... save a couple of $$ and get 1 3 pack and 3 singles. I don't know for certain if the fan hub that comes with the case works for the LL fans; I would think that it does but I wouldn't want to steer you wrong. Hopefully someone from Corsair or with a 570X can pipe in with a definitive answer.

The Commander Pro does not come with LED strips. However, you do have a Lighting Node Pro in your LL 3 pack so you can get just the LED strip expansion pack. Again, saves you a couple of dollars.

With that, the Commander Pro is actually optional for your RGB setup. That's not to say that you shouldn't get it, just that you don't need it for the RGB. It will give you better fan control over the motherboard controls (those are soooo 2017) as well as the temperature sensors and the USB hub. I, personally, quite like the CoPro - I just got a second one for my home server in addition to the one on my personal tower. I find the temp sensors very handy for precise control over noise and fan speed based on something other than CPU temp, which is somewhat meaningless for airflow control when you have liquid cooling.

Some thoughts/comments:

The 3 Pack of LL fans comes with a 6 port hub and a Lighting Node Pro. You don't need to 3 packs ... save a couple of $$ and get 1 3 pack and 3 singles. I don't know for certain if the fan hub that comes with the case works for the LL fans; I would think that it does but I wouldn't want to steer you wrong. Hopefully someone from Corsair or with a 570X can pipe in with a definitive answer.

The Commander Pro does not come with LED strips. However, you do have a Lighting Node Pro in your LL 3 pack so you can get just the LED strip expansion pack. Again, saves you a couple of dollars.

With that, the Commander Pro is actually optional for your RGB setup. That's not to say that you shouldn't get it, just that you don't need it for the RGB. It will give you better fan control over the motherboard controls (those are soooo 2017) as well as the temperature sensors and the USB hub. I, personally, quite like the CoPro - I just got a second one for my home server in addition to the one on my personal tower. I find the temp sensors very handy for precise control over noise and fan speed based on something other than CPU temp, which is somewhat meaningless for airflow control when you have liquid cooling.

Sorry, I worded it wrong. I should have put it like this: TWO 3-Pack LL120 Fans, but I understand now what you are trying to say.

So, I am going to need:

ONE Commander Pro (they are overpriced on Amazon by almost $100!)

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-commander-pro

ONE Expansion Kit (comes with 4 LEDS and 4 extensions)

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-RGB-LED-Lighting-Expansion/dp/B073VKPM4D/ref=pd_sim_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=BBEJPYQ4EXGBFSZN6YXX&th=1

ONE LL120 Triple Pack W/Node

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075VGN4M1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

THREE LL120 Single Pack

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL120-120mm-Light-Single/dp/B075VHBC4S/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_4?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=TNWVDE194MMZVW2BZDMY&th=1

Are you taking out the supplied SP fans?

IF yes AND we can confirm that the controller in the case will work with the LL fans (and I really do think that it will), THEN:

IF you are getting the CoPro, you can get 6 individual LL fans and the Expansion Kit - you won't need the Lighting Node Pro or the Fan Hub that comes in the 3 pack.

ELSE (if you are forgoing the CoPro), you will need the 3 pack to get the Lighting Node Pro (LNP).

Either way, yes, the strip expansion pack is all you'll need.

The CoPro is not required for the RGB. You will, however, need that OR a LNP. And yeah, the Commander Pro seems to be in short supply, which is driving up the cost. It does seem to be in stock @ Corsair.com (at least in the US).

Hey!

I recently just finished my TR4 570x RGB Build [sans 2x8gb sticks of ram (waiting for the prices to hopefully drop...)]

I have the Enermax TR4 360 front-mounted in my case. I had read online that getting an AIO to fit on the top in a 570x was pretty slim. Some folks were able, but stated that the fans would be pressing against the RAM or MoBo, and I wasn't too keen on that idea. Personally I think it looks great mounted to the front. There's a ton of empty space toward the front of the case, there being no SSD/HDD bins. Also having as much real-estate as I did I was able to take the 3x stock SP120s and put them on the back of the radiator to help pull air through.

As for the RGB set up:

4x LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan

LL140 RGB 140mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fans - 2 fan pack with Lighting Node PRO

I got the 4x LL120s for the front (3x) and 1 in the rear. The 2x LL140s are for the top. They all fit flawlessly, so it's something to consider instead of 6x LL120s, if you so fancy!

The 3-pack of LL120s is listed as $120. Each LL120 is $35, so $35x3 = $105. This means $15 for the LNP whereas the 2-pack LL140 is $100 which each fan being $40. So $40x2 = $80, meaning the extra LNP cost $20. After doing this math, I just realized I sabotaged myself $5 bucks, d'oh!! [All prices based on Corsair.com]

CORSAIR Commander PRO (Christmas gift actually)

CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit (This gives me a total of 8x RGB light strips. I have 4 on the back of my monitor and 4 on the outside edges of my case.)

Your parts list looks to be the most cost-effective.

Again, I took the 3x stock SP120s that came with the 570x and attached them to the back of my AIO radiator (360) with 3x LL120s on the front. I mainly did this because I didn't want to leave 3 perfectly good and fun fans unused. =]

As for the connections, I have all 6x LLs plugged into the Commander PRO and 1 of my RGB hubs. The 570x has 6-fan RGB Hub already attached, and one of the multi-fan packs will give you a 2nd 6-fan RGB Hub, which you might not need. Since I kept my 3x SP120s, I needed the 2nd RGB Hub. I used double-sided tape and just slapped the 2nd RGB Hub ontop of the 1st one in the case, works perfect. You'll find it's going to get REALLY tight in the back of your case for cable management with all these goodies. Basically the Commander PRO drives my fans, and the Lighting Node PRO drives my strips.

Actually... I can draft up a visual diagram of how I have it all connected later if you'd like.

If you put your AIO radiator on the front of your case, you won't have an issue fitting ram.

I hope this makes some sense! I feel I lost my way trying to properly describe everything. =]

Hey!

I recently just finished my TR4 570x RGB Build [sans 2x8gb sticks of ram (waiting for the prices to hopefully drop...)]

I have the Enermax TR4 360 front-mounted in my case. I had read online that getting an AIO to fit on the top in a 570x was pretty slim. Some folks were able, but stated that the fans would be pressing against the RAM or MoBo, and I wasn't too keen on that idea. Personally I think it looks great mounted to the front. There's a ton of empty space toward the front of the case, there being no SSD/HDD bins. Also having as much real-estate as I did I was able to take the 3x stock SP120s and put them on the back of the radiator to help pull air through.

As for the RGB set up:

4x LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan

LL140 RGB 140mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fans - 2 fan pack with Lighting Node PRO

I got the 4x LL120s for the front (3x) and 1 in the rear. The 2x LL140s are for the top. They all fit flawlessly, so it's something to consider instead of 6x LL120s, if you so fancy!

The 3-pack of LL120s is listed as $120. Each LL120 is $35, so $35x3 = $105. This means $15 for the LNP whereas the 2-pack LL140 is $100 which each fan being $40. So $40x2 = $80, meaning the extra LNP cost $20. After doing this math, I just realized I sabotaged myself $5 bucks, d'oh!! [All prices based on Corsair.com]

CORSAIR Commander PRO (Christmas gift actually)

CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit (This gives me a total of 8x RGB light strips. I have 4 on the back of my monitor and 4 on the outside edges of my case.)

Your parts list looks to be the most cost-effective.

Again, I took the 3x stock SP120s that came with the 570x and attached them to the back of my AIO radiator (360) with 3x LL120s on the front. I mainly did this because I didn't want to leave 3 perfectly good and fun fans unused. =]

As for the connections, I have all 6x LLs plugged into the Commander PRO and 1 of my RGB hubs. The 570x has 6-fan RGB Hub already attached, and one of the multi-fan packs will give you a 2nd 6-fan RGB Hub, which you might not need. Since I kept my 3x SP120s, I needed the 2nd RGB Hub. I used double-sided tape and just slapped the 2nd RGB Hub ontop of the 1st one in the case, works perfect. You'll find it's going to get REALLY tight in the back of your case for cable management with all these goodies. Basically the Commander PRO drives my fans, and the Lighting Node PRO drives my strips.

Actually... I can draft up a visual diagram of how I have it all connected later if you'd like.

If you put your AIO radiator on the front of your case, you won't have an issue fitting ram.

I hope this makes some sense! I feel I lost my way trying to properly describe everything. =]

Awesome, too bad Corsair, didnt release a 360 rad AIO. Cant wait to see how this turns out. Post some pictures of your build if you get the chance and thanks a lot!

Awesome, too bad Corsair, didnt release a 360 rad AIO. Cant wait to see how this turns out. Post some pictures of your build if you get the chance and thanks a lot!

Well, they have one coming. They won't confirm or deny but we all know it's coming ... the H150i Pro ... sometime really, really soon.

Well, they have one coming. They won't confirm or deny but we all know it's coming ... the H150i Pro ... sometime really, really soon.

How did you do your cable management for the wires at the bottom of the MoBo?

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I've just started doing a build myself. And despite the product page for the H115i RGB Platinum saying it fits the Intel 1151 socket...it does not. Did you get the AIO to work with your 1151 build?

Thanks!

E14