Corsair Community

H115i Pro question

monakh

Hey guys, so I was researching everything that I needed to hook-up the stuff in my 570X and realized that I logged back in after FIFTEEN years (see attached screenie). OK, yeah, I'm an old fart that used to lurk. Or something like that.

Alright, so onto the question: I kinda messed up with my purchase of the fans before the motherboard and realized that I can't mount my AIO up top like most people do in the 570X. The mainboard heat spreaders are in the way. Instead, I took inspiration from Zotty and mounted it in front of the case behind my 3 LL120s. So here's the question. Is that OK, because the fans are blowing air inward, I hooked up a spare LL140 that I have but I kept the air flow consistent. Not sure if that's right though. I noticed Zotty has his fans blowing in opposite directions ><, this way. I did mine << like this. See attached pic.

Second question, I put two LL140s up to drive the airflow out plus an ML120 on the back. I am thinking of putting another ML120 (since I have a spare) on top of the PSU but am not sure about it since there is no easy way to mount it there. The PSU exhaust is at the bottom.

Comments/ideas are welcome.

p.s. I don't have the 570X with Mirror Black. Does that mean that I have the plain ole white Corsair case logo? I haven't checked the cable for that yet. The build is done, I just have to wrap up the cabling for all the lights and fans.

corsair.PNG.933f08631f6d5a4abe17c9205edd6d3b.PNG

AIO-front.thumb.jpeg.dcd35f49a7e9353d7e502eb753a122bf.jpeg

top.thumb.jpeg.eaacb7ea7a4d7a5282ed1fd4ad050b54.jpeg

shroud.thumb.jpeg.9a4bb403891e91555b98fce26410164b.jpeg

You are fine with the front fans and both sets of fans on either side of the radiator should be bringing air into the case. This is really the only viable option with the 460/570. It should work as is, but I would be very tempted to take one of those ML140s and put on the top half of the radiator. The 120s will put some air through, but the 140s will do it better. With both full coverage on both sides, you will be able to keep fans speeds down or blow a ton of air if needed. I don't think any one has opposing radiator fans. What Zotty does differently is use the top fans as intake instead of exhaust to try and force air out the case gaps.

PSU exhaust will be out the back by the power switch. The holes on the bottom are intake. I suppose people could have different reasons for mounting the fan on top of the shroud, but the instinctive one is to use to force air through the PSU (and out the back) at all times. Of course the PSU's own fan does this, but these days a lot of units come with a passive fan and a noisy one at that. This measure is both decorative and a way circumvent the sometimes irritating PSU ball bearing grinder. However, to make that effective, you probably want the PSU intake facing up. Quieter and pretty shroud fans keeps a steady supply of air through the unit. Temps stay below the fan trigger point for the PSU's blades.

Thanks! I didn't realize the holes under the PSU are intake. Whoops, then I mounted the PSU upside down, though I think it's OK since the Seasonic instructions do mention to only do that in the the event there is an opening at the bottom of the case. I'll see if I can easily mount it back up. It's modular so hopefully won't be too much trouble.

One of the ML140s is meant for the top of the radiator, I think I was just waiting to figure out which way the air needs to be pushed. Thanks again!

Thanks! I didn't realize the holes under the PSU are intake. Whoops, then I mounted the PSU upside down, though I think it's OK since the Seasonic instructions do mention to only do that in the the event there is an opening at the bottom of the case. I'll see if I can easily mount it back up. It's modular so hopefully won't be too much trouble.

Not really as a big deal. If the fan was meant to be decorative, you can leave it as is. If your PSU runs the fan all the time and is not passive, you can leave it as it is. Your PSU is installed the right way for the case, to draw air from the underside and then out the back. The only reason to flip it is to try to circumvent the PSU's fan and use the RGB fan to similar effect.

Archived