Corsair Community

Crystal 570x fans not running

Revelation49

Hi there,

I recently bought the Corsair Crystal 570x case, and for some reason when I plug the 3 fans into the mobo and flip the PSU switch, the fans don't turn on. The fans are all plugged into the hub properly, and there are no excess wires that are unplugged.

The mobo rgb lights illuminate, so I know there's power.

I followed the directions properly (even though they're not very descriptive).

The picture is to show no power from the fans, but there is rgb lights from my mobo when the PSU is on

IMG_20180508_001941.thumb.jpg.16c3af895776875a29c006e0668db607.jpg

So you are plugging them directly into the motherboard via a fan splitter? Did you try a different header on the motherboard? It could be disabled in the bios, another way to test them if you have an adapter and test them connected up to a molex cable.

Are you getting the system to post? The RGB lights get power from the SATA cable. So long as the PSU is powered on they will come on.

Is the OP on about lighting or them Spinning?

if for actual getting them to spin.. follow the above advice...

if for lighting.. have a read of the below thread in case you have missed something...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

LOL, I was about to correct you, then I doubled checked and noticed the light were not emitting from the fans, but behind the fans. ><

Fans have form and function these days, it does complicate trouble shooting when people ask why they are not working. So good question, do they not spin or light up?

So you are plugging them directly into the motherboard via a fan splitter? Did you try a different header on the motherboard? It could be disabled in the bios, another way to test them if you have an adapter and test them connected up to a molex cable.

Are you getting the system to post? The RGB lights get power from the SATA cable. So long as the PSU is powered on they will come on.

This is my second pc build. (First one was in 2009) Bit of a difference since then lol

I have one of the fans directly into the Mobo CHA_FAN1 and a 2way splitter into CHA_FAN2

I didn't have the sata cables plugged in at the time that I tested the fans. Was not aware it was a requirement.

I tried different headers on the Mobo, but no luck.

If the sata cables simply need to be plugged in for the fans to turn on and light up, then I'll do that and respond!

Thanks for the help

Archived