Corsair Community

Commander Pro not recognising Noctua fans

daleos

I've just bought a Commander Pro specifically so I could control my case fans.

Unfortunately, the controller doesn't seem to recognise any of my fans (all Noctua 4pin PWM - 2x NF-A12-x15 and 2x Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000) I also have a Noctua NH-D15S cooler that I may or may not want to be controller too but I haven't got as far a testing that one yet. It kind of sees 2 of my fans but is not doing anything like accurate measurements of the speed. Have all of my fans set to 4 pin mode.

I have installed the latest firmware (0.7.199 with Corsair Link 4.9.7.35)

Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem? I specifically bought the controller so that I could use PWM so changing them to 3pin mode is not an option I'm willing to settle for. If all it can do is 3pin mode than I may as well just use the fan headers on my MB and get a refund.

Also, bonus question. How do you create a support ticket with Corsair for the Commander Pro? I can't find the option anywhere. Any other ways of contacting Corsair support from the UK? (I don't fancy calling a US number unless I really have to). Do they have an official support email address?

Actually, Just did a bit more testing. Corsair Link is still reporting that two fans are connected when no fans are.

With no fans connected.

The three voltage settings in Corsair link are all over the place.

12v flips between 0 and 12v every second or so

5v flips between 0v ,5v and 12v every second or so

3v flips between 0v, 3v and 5v every second or so

Thought I'd try a 3pin corsair fan off an old H80 and that doesn't get recognised and neither does a pwm corsair fan off a H80i GTX.

Think I may have a dud controller or maybe Corsairlink is on the fritz. Is there any way I can totally reset it?

Phew. All fixed.

HWinfo wasn't the problem.

Some thing in all of this fixed it though. I'm inclined to believe it was reinstalling the USB drivers that fixed it but it could have been a combo of any of the below.

I did have Coretemp on there as well so I removed that but that in itself didn't fix the issue on it's own. I removed Corsair Link together with it's settings and all other Corsair installs (eg the usb device driver as well as Corsair Utility Engine for my keyboard) I then rebooted, ran CCleaner registry cleaner to kill any lingering registry entries, rebooted again and began reinstalling all my Corsair stuff starting with Commander Pro/Link.

After all of that, Link immediately appeared less twitchy and adding the drives worked like it should after that.

I can't be sure but some legacy crud might have been left behind after uninstalling Link for my old, dead H80i-v2. I think this might have snarled up the original install and I suspect it was the USB drivers that got mangled.

• 2 weeks later...
just bought the commander pro to control 3 ml 140 pro and 2 ml120 pro led case fans. I have one additional MSI 120m Vortex fan on my MSI Core Frozr L CPU Cooler. Just purchased a 2nd Msi 120m Vortex fan. Since the Commander Pro has 6 connections for fans and I have a total of 7, I was going to use a fan splitter for the two cpu Vortex cooler fans on one of the 6 connections. Will the commander pro recognize the two non-corsair fans?

just bought the commander pro to control 3 ml 140 pro and 2 ml120 pro led case fans. I have one additional MSI 120m Vortex fan on my MSI Core Frozr L CPU Cooler. Just purchased a 2nd Msi 120m Vortex fan. Since the Commander Pro has 6 connections for fans and I have a total of 7, I was going to use a fan splitter for the two cpu Vortex cooler fans on one of the 6 connections. Will the commander pro recognize the two non-corsair fans?

It should. The only thing that you need to make sure that you are aware of is the current limitations - 1.0A per port, 4.5A overall. Although folks have reported issues when they get close to the 1.0A limit ... so maybe keep it under .75A.

Thks...Each fan draws .29 amps each. All 7 fans will draw (2.03 amps) total. Will the commander pro display the fans with the splitter as one fan or each one individually?

One fan. And make sure that one end of the splitter only has 3 prongs (RPM should be disconnected on one of them).

Ok. One of the two splitters coming off the 4 pin female end must be a 3 pin connector. So am I to understand that the fan on the splitter with the 4 pin male connector will be the fan having pwm control and the fan on the splitter with the 3 pin male connector will run at full bore? Corsair link would then only display and control the fan on the splitter with the 4 pin connector?

http://https//images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImage/12-162-026-02.jpg

Forgive my ignorance. This is all new to me. Let me see if I get this correct. When I connect the 4 pin fan splitter (1 splitter end with a 3 pin connector and the 2nd splitter with a 4 pin connector) to 1 of the 6 fan channels on the commander pro, the corsair link software will display 1 fan for that channel even though two are physically connected. When monitoring or changing fan speed for that channel, both fans will be adjusted simultaneously (FYI: Both fans are identical with same watt/amp specs).

Forgive my ignorance. This is all new to me. Let me see if I get this correct. When I connect the 4 pin fan splitter (1 splitter end with a 3 pin connector and the 2nd splitter with a 4 pin connector) to 1 of the 6 fan channels on the commander pro, the corsair link software will display 1 fan for that channel even though two are physically connected. When monitoring or changing fan speed for that channel, both fans will be adjusted simultaneously (FYI: Both fans are identical with same watt/amp specs).

Yes, both fans will be synchronized and displayed as 1 fan, no matter what software you use to look at it. The 4/3 pin design is deliberate to prevent an extra speed signal bouncing back at the controller. This is the standard for any splitter. A 3 way PWM splitter would have one 4 pin and two 3pin connectors. A four way splitter would have 1x4 pin and 3x3 pin, etc. Only one speed control signal per splitter.

Archived