Corsair Community

400R mic and headphone plugs not working

mtnsteve

Hello,

This was my first build with the Corsair 400R case and I love it but I have one issue.

The ft panel plugs for the mic and headphones aren't working. They register with the audio system when I plug them in and I can confirm the correct plug is being used but no sound comes out of the headphones and nothing from my mic. I've attached a screen shot of the function confirmation.

I just checked and it does shut the main speakers off when I plug the headphones in, just nothing through the headphones. I have tried 2 different headphones too.

I'm using a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H mb and it is plugged into the connection for ft panel. Everything else on the ft panel is working correctly and my speakers work fine. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

1334034665_Ftpanelconnection.thumb.JPG.adcbc81ce3107a9243ccc27766bb6855.JPG

Thank you peanutz94!

I started an RMA request and will update as things progress.

I really love the case and will most likely use only Corsair cases in the future. I am currently putting a frankenbuild together using my old beater case with some parts I have laying around from older builds. I never realized how badly designed it was till I used the 400R.

Thanks again!

Steve

I just received word that a replacement part will be shipped in 1 to 2 days. needless to say I am very impressed with their customer service.

Update 11-8-13...

I received the replacement ft panel today, a bit surprised at how fast they got it to me.

I won't have time to replace it for a few days but I'll get back with an update when I do.

A big thank you to their customer service staff!

Steve

Archived