Sdhiker

I just put together a new system

Phanteks Evolv X

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA

I7-9700

Evga Geforce GTX 1070

EVGA Supernova 850 P2, Platinum

Corsair H115i Platinum

Windows 10 is installed as are all the drivers.

Bios have been updated

When I go to power down the computer the H115i Platinum continues to run.

After looking up the problem all weekend I tried enabling ErP in the Power Setting in the bios and that did allow the computer to fully power down, but then it would not power back on to post.

I then have to clear CMOS and then I can start back up.

From the beginning when I start the system, the coolers fans turn red once power is restored to the case, I hit power and the fans for the cooler ( not the case will start spinning and are lit up) but nothing will happen yet. I hit the power one more time and then the system will go through 3 quick stages of trying to power on before it finally gets to post and then windows.

Once this has all happened the system is stable and will power off ( the cooler does not power off) and reboot with any issues ( except for the cooler).

Now that is a lot of information, and if you are reading this you can imagine me pulling my hair out all weekend as I try to figure out what the hell is going on.

Am I having an issue with the Mother board ( I don't think so)

Is there an issue with the H115i Platinum ( more then likely)

Does anyone out there have anything similar they have gone through and if so were you able to figure out a fix for it ?

Well problem solved. It turned out not to be the H115i at all. I'm still not completely sure to what the issue is, motherboard or case, but I found another thread on Reddit explaining exactly the problem I was having all he did to fix it was to disconnect the D-RGB cable from the motherboard.

I tried it and the problem was solved. I have not had a chance to see how this is affecting my system, everything seems to be still running the way it should and now shuts down the way it should, the only thing I notice is not being able to control the lighting setup on the case, but the lighting is still working, its just going through its little rainbow color scheme on the case, which fits in just fine with the color set up on the cooler, so I am happy.

Archived