Corsair Community

Graphite 600T internal USB header?

dewbak75

One question about the new internally connected USB3 cables. Does Corsair plan on selling a replacement front panel for Graphite 600T owners so they can have USB3 ports without having to use a pass-through from the rear port? I know it's something I would be very interested in.

One question about the new internally connected USB3 cables. Does Corsair plan on selling a replacement front panel for Graphite 600T owners so they can have USB3 ports without having to use a pass-through from the rear port? I know it's something I would be very interested in.

I know its not what you're asking, but I used the following part to take care of that port:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815201035

Notice this one has two internal ports, but there is also one with 1 internal & 1 external. As for the second port I connected a wireless-N adapter that was using one of the rear USB ports!

If they don't plan on selling the redesigned front panel I hope this helps some...

That won't help. I don't need more internal ports on the motherboard. My board already has two. But the only USB3 port on the front panel of the case is a passthrough for the port on the BACK of my machine, I have my internal USB3 ports connected to 2 of the USB2 ports up front with an adapter cable. What I'm hoping is that they offer for sale a replacement front panel for the 600T with two USB3 ports that have the cable to attach directly to the motherboard. :)

• Corsair Employee
This has been posted and answered a few times here on our forum, there are some issues with using the USB3 internal connection and the only option at this time is to use the pass through.

I have my internal USB3 ports connected to 2 of the USB2 ports up front with an adapter cable. What I'm hoping is that they offer for sale a replacement front panel for the 600T with two USB3 ports that have the cable to attach directly to the motherboard. :)

Are you saying you are using your USB3 header as a header for 2 of your USB2 headers?

A friend just got this case today and is installing his MSI P67A-GD65 motherboard. It has only one USB2 header and then one USB3 header. Since this case has two cables for USB2, he can only use one. Is that what you're using an adapter for right now? Just to fix what he's run into?

Are you saying you are using your USB3 header as a header for 2 of your USB2 headers?

A friend just got this case today and is installing his MSI P67A-GD65 motherboard. It has only one USB2 header and then one USB3 header. Since this case has two cables for USB2, he can only use one. Is that what you're using an adapter for right now? Just to fix what he's run into?

Yes, I also have an MSI P67 board, and I have an adapter that plus into the USB3 header and converts them to USB2 ports. So I have all 4 of the USB2 ports at the front of my case used, and the USB3 via passthrough.

This has been posted and answered a few times here on our forum, there are some issues with using the USB3 internal connection and the only option at this time is to use the pass through.

You guys sell a replacement front-panel for the Obsidian 700/800 that adds a pass-through USB3 port, what I was wondering is if there was a plan to sell a replacement front panel for the 600T that swaps the pass-through USB3 port(and maybe the Firewire) for a couple of USB3 ports that connect to the internal header, like the new Carbide cases will have.

• 1 year later...

hiya, sorry to bring an old thread back,

but as we are now in 2012, I was hoping corsair could start thinking about upgrading the front panel to usb 3.0 for the 4 ports and 1 usb 2?

I really want this case but the 1 3.0 port is holding me back....

BUMP!

I really like the 650D but it has the exact same problem, all I want it my cables to be nice, neat and tidy and not need some god-awful adapter!

Please Corsair consider updating these cases with the correct USB internal headers!

• 1 month later...
This was the one selling point that turned me away from the 600T. I ended up buying the Corsair Obsidian 550D instead because it comes with the internal USB3.0 motherboard connector & 2 front USB 3.0 ports. Though I really could use the 4 front USB 2.0 ports of the 600T, two 3.0 ports & 3.0 motherboard connector was more important to me.

• 1 month later...

Any update on this?

I am in the market for buying a new case (as part of a new build) in the next few months, and I have been eyeing up the 600T amongst others as it ticks most of the boxes, but the lack of proper USB3 connectivity is turning me off towards other cases from other brands.

If a replacement module is in pipeline, or even a newer version/variant of the 600T is incoming with proper internal USB3 support, I would be happy to wait/buy this without hesitation - I do like the design and space inside more than any of the other cases.

• 3 months later...
Renewing this thread with basically the same issue. Case 600T. My mainboard has internal usb3 and usb2 connections. Front panel usb2 connects fine to the mainboard. Had to connect the usb3 with pass-thru, would have preferred connecting internal. Then I had the opposite problem with 1394. The mainboard only has an external 1394 plug connection, but the front panel has the multipin mainboard connector. So I had to find a pci card with an internal 1394 "pin" connection, most now have the plug connection. I did find one, the one and only one available on NewEgg. All works, but in this case I wish that the 1394 front panel connection was the plug connection!

• 6 months later...

Greetings,

I am also wanting to purchase the 600T White. But the only thing holding me back is the pass through USB 3.0 connect to the I/O panel on the back. Does Corsair plan to release an upgraded case with an internal 20 pin USB 3.0 connector with additional USB 3.0 ports on the front of the case? I'd buy the case immediately if this was a reality.

Archived