Corsair Community

Corsair Case Questions

Z.S

I have a few questions about new releases as well as what corsair is doing and I feel they should be addressed

1) When the Obsidian 500D being released

2) Why are those front panel USB I/O not released with 4 USB A and 1 USB C and not to mention the ghetto USB A to C mod involving a plastic shell the size of a female USB connector housing the USB C port instead of giving it it's own port

3) Will there ever be any full towers in the Obsidian Tempered Glass versions (I would want to see the 750D with full TG side and where the plastic is on the edges have huge cutouts as well as on bottom/top due to front TG because I want RGB fans there and the I/O to NOT have a "ghetto" USB A to C mod also needs PSU Shroud and more space in the rear for cable management around an inch space or maybe even more if you can do it to accommodate a 5.25 drive bay for a Blu-Ray burner/player on its side)

If Corsair releases a case matching that description I will buy it ASAP when I get the money for it

also you guys can leave future case suggestions or suggestions for anything else corsair does

These are really good feedback. I'll be sure to share these with our Case team.

You're welcome to give us suggestions for future products, Corsair has always been a good listener ;):

Whoa thanks, an actual employee responded. I really appreciate it.

I own the Obsidian 450D and really wished I had gone for the 750D (thought I would not have enough space for it due to my desk being in the attic of and the angle of ceiling interfering with it) and really wanted more space inside in terms of height (I want enough space for a regular size thickness radiator and fans with enough space to mount it at top without removing medium-low profile RAM) and I had a hard time with cables in the back (some of my cables had to be routed from the front)

Would love to see my idea come to market and would want to see a case manufacturer doing something such as a case designing competition where the consumers and customers design a case and it gets voted for by the community before coming to the market and there could be multiple voting criteria such as design, function, practicality, price, manufacturing difficulty and so on

Also have another idea. I want to see a system where I can power/shutdown/restart my system using my mobile phone which, could be done with a Bluetooth enabled card (don't know any way it can be done without bluetooth as when PC is off or you are too far away you would need internet connection or something) which plugs in to power/reset switch on mobo and is possibly sata/usb powered and has an app to go with it and if you could integrate that with link for monitoring PC temps and lighting/fans would be even better or maybe have it wirelessly connect to a little box which can connect to your router for monitoring while away from PC.

Archived