Corsair Community

Cooler for Ryzen that fits in Carbide 500r

Goes to 11

I just upgraded my desktop to a Ryzen 7 1700X but I am having trouble finding a cooling solution. I have a competitor's 240 liquid cooler which fits but the fan is already making noise after less than a week.

So which of the Corsair water coolers fit the 500r and which of those need a separate bracket for AM4 (it would be nice if retailers had these in stock)? I would prefer a 280 if possible.

My other option is to go with an Air Noctua D15. Will this fit the 500r? My memory is 44mm tall which is taller than the 33mm that Noctua recommends but the height of the Noctua is 165mm and the max height for the 500r is 180mm. So it looks like it would fit if I shift the fan on the D15 as long as the quoted 180mm clearance takes the fan into consideration. So my question is, is the 200mm fan included in the 180mm clearance?

Thanks in advance. Finding a cooling solution that fits the case and the Ryzen 7 has been driving me crazy.

The new H115i Pro should fit in that case and it definitely comes with a Ryzen adapter ... and it's simpler to install than the adapter on the previous generations coolers. For the older generation coolers, they may or may not ... my last H100i V2 did have one but my first did not ... but, then, the first one was purchased before Ryzen came out. That said, you should be able to get it from Corsair if it's not in the box.

Thanks for the reply. I missed the "Pro" part of your reply and rechecked some posts on the H115i. One person on Reddit had difficulties and really didn't recommend it but it sounded like he either tried to put both the fans and the radiator underneath or just had some problems with the radiator hitting the motherboard. I verified that I had enough clearance for the radiator above the motherboard and put an order in for the H115i.

I then reread your post and realized that you wrote "Pro." So I rechecked if the H115i came with the AM4 bracket. The Corsair site said it didn't so I quickly ordered the bracket. When the H115i arrived today, it came with the AM4 bracket so now I am trying to cancel my order.

Anyway, the H115i fits nicely in the 500r. I have the radiator mounted underneath and the fans on top in a pull configuration. It appears to be about 5C cooler under load compared to the 240 that I had previously.

Thanks for the help.

Archived