Corsair Community

USB Freeze and CUE not detecting devices

fumap

Hello,

thought I'd try to drop a post here before going for Corsair support. All the issues I'm facing have been reported but seems that all those threads are few years old and no one had all the issues at once! I also read the quick fix and sticky threads to no solution yet.

So, first things first: K70 RGB Rapidfire with a Sabre RGB mice. They are correctly plugged into USB3.0 ports at the back of the case (only the keyboard labelled USB for the K70). And I tried all possible USB port combination.

Motherboard chipset is up to date, same as Win10 and CUE software at 2.15.83.

Firmware for the K70 is the latest 2.05 and the firmware for the Sabre RGB is the latest 2.04. I tried to "force" an update via CUE but didn't solve the issue.

Now, to the problem: keyboard and mice are permanently plugged in and it's possible to type and to use the mice as expected; RGB lighting works and can be controlled in intensity. I have three different issues, probably connected:

1) CUE doesn't recognise the devices. It is 95% of the time my K70 but it happens also to my Sabre RGB mice. I set CUE to NOT load at startup as I saved the profiles into the devices. What happens is that when I open CUE one or both the devices are not recognised. The little icon shows a red exclamation point. Plugging them in and out works as a solution.

2) My K70 lock LEDs stop working few minutes after starting the system up. Functionality is there, just the LEDs don't come up. I startup Win10, they work. After some time they just freezes out. Switching the K70 to BIOS and back solves the issue for some time before it requires another cycle.

3) CUE, Steam, HWMonitor, etc... freeze when the devices are not recognised in CUE. When either the K70 or the Sabre are not recognised, connecting a controller/joystick frezees the running programs but NOT the system completely. This happens at the same time as point 1): when a device is not recognised in CUE plugging in any other device will freeze the system (I tried multiple other devices). And the temporary solution is the same as point 1), plug out and back in the culprit solves the issue temporarily.

I understand that plugging out and back in solves the issue, but it's a bit annoying to always have to do it. Any help/suggestion is appreciated, had those issues since March when I got the devices but it seems to have got worse and worse.

Cheers,

Paolo

Hello.

I have a k70 Lux RGB with red switch.

I bought my keyboard a few days ago, and I'm having the exactly same issues as you.

I tried to reinstall the CUE, reinstall the drivers, update the firmware, but nothing solved the problem

The leds just works when i remove and plug the keyboard connector.

This is my first mechanical keyboard, and this experience is not making me happy. :[pouts:

Not sure Which is at fault... but i need Cue running at start up and don't need steam. few weeks ago i stopped steam loading with windows and Cue Reliability jumped up massively,

rare now i have to unplug and plug back in my keyboard/mouse (Strafe rgb/M65 rgb). start steam when ever i need it and then shut it down again once finished.. its no hassle really..

not sure if this would help you guys but it certainly helped me (it also helped with CLink too... imho)

Windows 10 here and all Updates installed. with out steam running i get the rare 'unplug and plug in again' situation for Cue to pick my keyboard or mouse up again.. was daily with steam running.. maybe less than once a week now. i just run steam when i need it...

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. All updates and drivers are installed.

To test I deactivated all the programs of the windows startup, and left only the CUE to be executed. But unfortunately the problem persists.

Sometimes works, but most of the time, the CUE does not recognize the keyboard or freezes.

Are all of you on Windows 7 or 10? Try performing all the Windows updates including the optional ones. We have seen some of the previous updates cause USB issues.

Hi Nick, W10 here, latest updates installed and checked just before making the post. I actually found a thread in the CUE section that seems to be related to this issue. Posted also there.

I missed it while searching for solutions, I guess this can be considered the same issue.

Link to the other thread:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167509

Cheers,

Paolo

Are all of you on Windows 7 or 10? Try performing all the Windows updates including the optional ones. We have seen some of the previous updates cause USB issues.

Hi Nick,

quick update on this one. I can confirm what Darkan said: removing Corsair Link solves all those issues in a second. No USB freeze anymore, no issues with CUE anymore, all the devices are immediately recognised and no freeze of other programs or applications. :confused:

Corsair Link is my main monitoring software, as I use an H115i cooler and a AX860i PSU. Any suggestion/solution?

Try installing the USB drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's website and let me know if this corrects the issue. Also, can you provide me with your system build list so I can relay it to our developers for review.

I did that. Installed the USB drivers directly from the ASUS website but it didn't work as a solution. I keep track of the drivers and they are all updated to latest version. Still no solution to the issue.

I can also confirm that removing Corsair Link solves the issue 100%. I'm running since 3 days ago without CL4 and I hadn't have the issue since then. Don't know if this is can be useful to solve the issue. I tried to reinstall CL4 but same issue appeared immediately.

My chipset driver is version 10.1.1.44

My Intel Engine Interface driver is version 11.7.0.1014

Here are my specs:

MOBO -- ASUS Maximus IX Apex

CPU -- Intel i7-7700K OC@4.8GHz

RAM -- 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB@4133MHz

GPU -- ASUS Strix GTX1080 O8G in Auto OC Mode

COOLER -- Corsair H115i + 2xNoctua NF-A14 IPPC3000

PSU -- Corsair AX860i

SSD -- Samsung 960PRO 1TB

SSD -- Samsung 850EVO 2TB

DISP -- ASUS PG279Q 2K 165Hz G-Sync 1440p

OS -- Win10 Pro 1703 CU (Build SO 15063.540)

My keyboard is not being recognized consistently by CUE (maybe twice) since Windows updates last week. I have to unplug and plug the USB back in after my PC boots up. I have Windows 10 and the latest versions of CUE and my motherboard drivers. I don't have Steam running but do have Link running.

My keyboard is not being recognized consistently by CUE (maybe twice) since Windows updates last week. I have to unplug and plug the USB back in after my PC boots up. I have Windows 10 and the latest versions of CUE and my motherboard drivers. I don't have Steam running but do have Link running.

May I ask if you tried to uninstall CL4? Just out of curiosity as that solved the issue for me, like if there is some kind of incompatibility. It might be just myself, just wanted to see if anyone else is affected or is related to my system only.

I use Link as my main monitoring software so for the moment I'm running without and using HWMonitor to monitor the cooler and the PSU.

• 1 year later...
I'm just having that same issue now as well. I've had to unplug and plug in the keyboard about 20 times in the last 2-3 days whilst playing Rainbow 6 Siege (through Steam) and Destiny 2. Is there a fix for this yet? I'm getting irritated having to constantly unplug and plug it back....even now as i'm typing this post, i had to unplug and plug it back when steam isn't even running.....Please help!

For those of you with issues relating to the "new" iCUE software: Delete all profiles/macros etc. that were created. Make sure your BIOS is switched to 1 (default) if your keyboard comes equip. Uninstall the software(iCUE), Go to Device Manager uninstall your Keyboard. SHUT DOWN Do Not Restart computer shut down completely, unplug keyboard's and mouse's USB from PC while its shut down. When you Fire back up the PC, immediately insert USB's back.

Download and use the Original CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) software. Make sure CUE isn't starting with windows, you can uncheck that in the software's settings. This would work with all keyboards/mouse etc.. Make sure you check for updates and firmware update, you can locate everything in the Corsair Utility Engine software.

Archived