Corsair Community

K90 software question and product review.

WetMacula

Dear Corsair,

Is there a way to map a URL to the G keys? This software is far from intuitive. Honestly it is frustrating to use and makes me want to return the thing.

I am no keyboard expert but use a Filco Ninja with brown switches at work. I love the red switches and would return the K90 in a heartbeat if Filco still offered a red version. By comparison, I believe the K90 is inferior for the following reasons:

ALL the switches and keycaps should be the same type and elevation.

The K90 uses what appears to be dummy cherry switches as stabilizers for the larger keys, which makes the larger keys feel different from the smaller ones. With the metal wire stabilizers, the keys all feel the same. Every key on a keyboard should feel the same in my opinion.

Finally, a few minor opinions for consideration. Put rubber on the tips of the hinged feet. I like back lighting for use at home in the dark, but light bleeds through the bottom and only lights up one symbol if the key has two. Lighting on the elastomeric keys is very dim compared to the mechanical keys. I prefer a modern key layout and a stepped caps lock. Only media button I use is the volume wheel and it feels good. I don't think a usb connection belongs on a keyboard. I prefer the 104 key layout. The hand rest material feels good. The brushed aluminum plate is nice. I don't like glossy surfaces on human-machine-interfaces. The vengeance marketing and packaging is silly. Consider a sturdy re-usable cardboard box with a hinged lid and flaps. I like how you boxed the AX PSU's and 650D.

Nice try for your first go at keyboards. I hope Corsair offers more models in the future.

Edit: As I was editing this, the cursor deleted about 30 characters with no input from my fingers. Spooky. Wonder if I can reproduce it?

• 4 years later...

Hello WetMacula. I have attached my profile for the M95 RGB (North American keyboard).

The steps I used are:

1) Run the CUE software.

2) Ensure you are on the "Profiles" menu (top left choice).

3) Ensure you have the mode for which you which to remap the G key selected (e.g. "M3: Default 3).

4) Place cursor over G key you wish to modify and activate secondary (e.g. right) mouse button. (e.g. G15)

5) Choose "Assign New Action..."

6) In the Actions Editor, fill out Name (e.g. "WetMacula") and Notes (e.g. "WetMacula Profile")

7) In the list of actions on the left, choose "SHORTCUT"

8) "SELECT A PROGRAM OR ENTER A FULL PATH TO A PROGRAM OR FILE:" choose the radio button "Run the following program"

9) In the field "Input a command or path to executable file of a program" type the URL (e.g. "http://forum.corsair.com/v3/member.php?u=94334")

10) Activate the "OK" button at the bottom of the window.

11) Now move the cursor to the desktop and click the primary mouse button (left).

When you press the G key you reprogrammed, the default web browser will open the URL.

If you are using the legacy K90 e.g. non-RGB. I think the only way to do it will be to write a batch file and link that to the G-KEY instead.

Corsair's newer keyboards use CUE (excluding K70 non-RGB, K95 non-RGB, all Raptor line keyboards) which has a lot more functionality than the Corsair Vengeance Gaming software.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Toasted, for reminding me of this CUE restriction, which is documented in the FAQ.

Is it possible to use the new Corsair Utility Engine software with older Corsair Keyboards like the K90/K95 and regular M60/M65/M95?

Unfortunately, due to the firmware and hardware differences with the new RGB peripherals, the new Corsair Utility Engine is not compatible with the older products that use the Vengeance Gaming software.

Archived