Corsair Community

Win 10 Fall Creator's Update

MrPace

Nope. Not here.

My guess is our systems return some uncommon system id's so we'll be among the last.

Excuse the dumb question.....what is a system id?

I was guessing an impediment to update might be certain system components or driver versions for various components.....

Excuse the dumb question.....what is a system id?

I was guessing an impediment to update might be certain system components or driver versions for various components.....

You have the right idea. I was using the term in a generically plural manner for the combination of component ID's which are taken into consideration to determine whether the Fall Creator's Update is automatically offered or not.

As Netwoyer mentioned, it's possible for us to choose to install it if our system passes the pre-install evaluation as opposed to it being automatically offered through Windows Update.

my update failed during install using the manual update method, it auto reverted to before the update

anyone else have any success updating?

I'm sorry to hear your update failed.

Yes, I was able to successfully update my Corsair ONE Pro with the M.2 and 1080Ti to the Windows Fall Creator's Update. However, I haven't had much time to test it yet.

Well, I was delivered the Fall Creators Update via Windows Update this morning.

It did NOT go smoothly.

First time around Windows Update ground to a halt downloading the update at 85%. I waited 45 minutes and it never went past 85%. Stopping the Windows Update Service...waiting 10 seconds, then restarting the service got it moving again.

It then took almost an hour to finish the first part of the install process (the part that takes place on the Windows Update screen, before you launch the reboot process that finishes the install)...at that point, it should have asked me to reboot to continue the installation process, but it did not.

So, I checked for updates again, and it went through the ENTIRE process of downloading and initializing the Fall Creators update....again...but this time, when it finished, it asked me to reboot and it installed, apparently, without a hitch.

A lot of breath holding and hand wringing during this long update process.

Hopefully, your experience will be easier...lol

Well, I was delivered the Fall Creators Update via Windows Update this morning.

It did NOT go smoothly.

First time around Windows Update ground to a halt downloading the update at 85%. I waited 45 minutes and it never went past 85%. Stopping the Windows Update Service...waiting 10 seconds, then restarting the service got it moving again.

It then took almost an hour to finish the first part of the install process (the part that takes place on the Windows Update screen, before you launch the reboot process that finishes the install)...at that point, it should have asked me to reboot to continue the installation process, but it did not.

So, I checked for updates again, and it went through the ENTIRE process of downloading and initializing the Fall Creators update....again...but this time, when it finished, it asked me to reboot and it installed, apparently, without a hitch.

A lot of breath holding and hand wringing during this long update process.

Hopefully, your experience will be easier...lol

System updates usually have a lot to get through both for the system (at many levels) and the person using the machine. It is not uncommon for software vendors to have to service/maintain through various means, and with this in mind, when the Fall Creators Update was released, lots of PC's updated (there are still network effects, even when staggered). This placed pressure on the software provider, in this case, Windows.

This could be the reason for why you couldn't update on the first try. Another thing to keep in mind is, when going to update, close all programs, try and defragment the hard drive (if no SSD), and generally have the hardware component, in this case, the physical PC, in a room-temperature and safe environment, with the modem having the same setup.

This is my explanation on what you went through.

System updates usually have a lot to get through both for the system (at many levels) and the person using the machine. It is not uncommon for software vendors to have to service/maintain through various means, and with this in mind, when the Fall Creators Update was released, lots of PC's updated (there are still network effects, even when staggered). This placed pressure on the software provider, in this case, Windows.

This could be the reason for why you couldn't update on the first try. Another thing to keep in mind is, when going to update, close all programs, try and defragment the hard drive (if no SSD), and generally have the hardware component, in this case, the physical PC, in a room-temperature and safe environment, with the modem having the same setup.

This is my explanation on what you went through.

HD is m.2 ssd, so no defrag there...

These problems had nothing to do with my end of the deal...it was either a MS problem or a problem inherent in updating the Corsair One and it's particular hardware configuration...

And let's face it, Windows Update has never been the most reliable function ever designed...I've had problems with it before on different machines, and so have a lot of people...

• 2 months later...

Archived