Corsair Community

Corsair H115i Pro fans

Sanity69

Hey guys n gals Bit of a nooby question but Which exact model of fans come with the H115i pro AIO, Regular ML 140mm or ML 140mm pro ? Im looking to get it and buy an extra 2 fans the same model In a Push/Pull Config but not sure what fans they are.

Neither --- exactly. The fans on the new Pro coolers are a lower maximum speed version of the ML120/140. They are grey, non-LED/RGB, and I usually refer to them as ML-Quiet. They have same maximum speed and statistics as the ML-RGB series. I have the ML140 RGB on my radiators right now. They are going to top out at around 1140-1160 RPM when radiator restricted. This is plenty for my 8700K at 5.0 or my Titan X(P) on the other radiator.

So you can use any of those other fans to match and run push pull. It is the same blade for all and from 400-1160 rpm it is identical performance across the line. The only advantage the ML140 PRO would have, is if you were willing to run them at 1400-1900 rpm, which is going to be absolutely unnecessary for your CPU. Frankly, I don't think you need push-pull at all for any Coffee Lake CPU, unless the radiator is going to be the only intake pathway. In that circumstance, the increased airflow is more useful for total case balance than straight CPU cooling. Where the fan choice may pose an issue is the means of control. The ML140s have a sufficently low current draw you could run them all from the H115i Pro via two splitters off the pump. However, you would then need to run two separate fan curves, one for Fan 1 (the ML-Quiet) and one for Fan 2 (ML140 PRO). This should be viable since the PRO coolers have two separate fan control channels, but I have not spent time trying to run this way. If you opt for the ML-RGB, then the speeds are identical solving one issue, but then you must follow the RGB lighting requirements which are another matter.

Ok thanks for the reply.

Seen a 4 way PWM splitter on amazon would that work running 4 fans on the same header ?

Yes im more doing the 4 fans versus 2 to push some more air into the case and only air thats coming in although i have modded the case to fit an extra 140mm fan next to the psu using an 137mm hole cutter if my memory is correct it is covered for now though. On my current motherboard The VRM Heatsink gets in the way for top mounted Rad so using the front. I'm upgrading soon for a better mobo maybe asus maximus xi hero or the Msi meg ace, Who knows havnt fully decided yet.

OK, then reason enough for push-pull. You won't need the 4 way splitter and 4 fans would be an unnecessary level of current for any single header. The H115i PRO will have two independent fan channels (and connectors), so two 2-way PWM splitters solves the issue regardless of fan choice and you can run ML-Quiet on one side of the radiator and your other choice on fan channel 2 on the other side. In iCUE, you will be able to sync their curves and speeds exactly or run them at slightly different speeds if you prefer. Regardless, this will give you independent control over each side of the radiator.

Archived