Corsair Community

Does Corsair Sell Any "True" DDR4 xxxx Kits?

cchan0535

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but if it has, I can't find it to save my life.

I'm curious to know whether or not Corsair sells any truly JEDEC-compliant memory kits. By "JEDEC-compliant," I mean basically, "conforms precisely to the JEDEC spec for a given rating like DDR4 2400 and doesn't need overclocking to get there." This means no XMP, which, no matter how mainstream it has become, is still a proprietary turn-key overclocking mechanism.

I'm asking because I have a purist a client who cares about that sort of thing and even though I personally like and use Corsair for my own systems, I've never seen a Corsair DDR4 kit that isn't a rebranded, bog standard DDR4 2133 module from Samsung/Hynix/whoever underneath that's just being OC'd via XMP to some higher level of performance.

It'd be nice to give him some gamer-focused options rather than the frankly terrible looking stuff you get when you source truly JEDEC-compliant parts directly from Samsung, et al.

• Corsair Employee
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but if it has, I can't find it to save my life.

I'm curious to know whether or not Corsair sells any truly JEDEC-compliant memory kits. By "JEDEC-compliant," I mean basically, "conforms precisely to the JEDEC spec for a given rating like DDR4 2400 and doesn't need overclocking to get there." This means no XMP, which, no matter how mainstream it has become, is still a proprietary turn-key overclocking mechanism.

I'm asking because I have a purist a client who cares about that sort of thing and even though I personally like and use Corsair for my own systems, I've never seen a Corsair DDR4 kit that isn't a rebranded, bog standard DDR4 2133 module from Samsung/Hynix/whoever underneath that's just being OC'd via XMP to some higher level of performance.

It'd be nice to give him some gamer-focused options rather than the frankly terrible looking stuff you get when you source truly JEDEC-compliant parts directly from Samsung, et al.

I will ask for you but I don't believe so.

-Art

EDIT: SKUs with 2400 as the advertised frequency would be in the JEDEC 2400 spec.

Archived