Corsair Community

Linux logo (Tux) keycaps?

mhelvens

Hi all,

I just found out about the 'custom keycap' world. I thought it might be fun to replace my windows-logo keycaps with linux-logo keycaps. Something like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412Xt%2B9He1L.jpg

But those particular ones are too wide, and not for backlit keyboards. They're the closest I've found though. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Not to necro an old thread, but I ended up looking around for a back lit key to replace my windows 8 logo on my K70 and also turned up with nothing.

The closest I found was WASD's Linux Mint keys or their OS Keycap Set... specifiy R1, 1x1 - as Corsair uses their own standard, not the 1x1.25. Unfortunately, they are not back lit friendly.

I guess the tricked-out, customized keyboard market isn't big enough yet to warrant some entrepreneur to set up shop and customize stuff. That and there are a LOT of non-standard keycaps, switches, etc. to deal with.

• Corsair Employee

Backlit keycaps are still relatively hard to find surprisingly (given that almost every new keyboard nowadays are backlit since thats what the market demands).

As for your last comment, all keycaps do have standard sizes but not all keyboards use a standard row, if that makes sense.

Archived