Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB PRO not hitting 3200 MHz

Hey Guys/Girls,

I have the following problem with my Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 RGB Pro 16GB (2X 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16:

If I set it to 3200 MHz in the bios, or even to 2900 MHz (using XMP 2.0) and then save the settings and reboot, I will always get a bluescreen. I hope it is not against the rules - but with other Memory (e.g. GSkill), I was able to run on 3200 MHz without bluescreen.

Have you any idea? Is it only a bad product that I received?

My relevant specs:

AMD Ryzen 2700x

MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 RGB Pro 16GB (2X 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16

Cheers!

I don't have any advice for your particular problem, but after setting DOCP (XMP) on my Asus Crosshair VII my CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 were setup properly at the advertised settings of DDR4-3200 16-18-18-36-1.35v. Has been rock solid since building my pc a couple of days ago.

Ryzen 2700x

Crosshair VII

Corsair RGB Pro 16GB CL 16

Edited by BKGolden

• Corsair Employee
Hey Guys/Girls,

I have the following problem with my Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 RGB Pro 16GB (2X 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16:

If I set it to 3200 MHz in the bios, or even to 2900 MHz (using XMP 2.0) and then save the settings and reboot, I will always get a bluescreen. I hope it is not against the rules - but with other Memory (e.g. G.Skilll), I was able to run on 3200 MHz without bluescreen.

My relevant specs:

AMD Ryzen 2700x

Cheers!

Are you using only a single kit of the memory? Try switching the memory slots to the other alternating pair.

-Art

Are you using only a single kit of the memory? Try switching the memory slots to the other alternating pair.

-Art

Yes, it is only a single kit of the Memory. I swapped the slots now, but the Bluescreen still occurs when I try to run 3200 MHz or 2900 MHz. It says something like Bad System Config Info.

• Corsair Employee
Yes, it is only a single kit of the Memory. I swapped the slots now, but the Bluescreen still occurs when I try to run 3200 MHz or 2900 MHz. It says something like Bad System Config Info.

Can you attempt to change the voltage to something like 1.4-1.45v?

-Art

• 1 year later...
Hey Guys/Girls,

If I set it to 3200 MHz in the bios, or even to 2900 MHz (using XMP 2.0) and then save the settings and reboot, I will always get a bluescreen. I hope it is not against the rules - but with other Memory (e.g. G.Skilll), I was able to run on 3200 MHz without bluescreen.

My relevant specs:

AMD Ryzen 2700x

Cheers!

I'm having the same problem.

My relevant specs:

AMD Ryzen 2600

Asrock B450m Steel Legend

Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W RGB Pro 16GB (2X 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16

I already tried changing the voltage to 1.4-1.45. still having BSOD.

please help me out.

Edited by fantasthiccpork

I had the same issue (3900X in Aorus X570 Elite). After googling I have found this solution both here and on LTT forum.

- Enable XMP

- Set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35V

- Set RAM multiplier to 32x

- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) (important!)

- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would (important!)

Has run rock solid ever since.

• Confused 1

Hi folks,

I have a similar problem with a 2x8Go 3200MHz kit. My setup is:

- MB : Gigabyte AORUS B450i PRO WIFI

- Proc: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Please note that this MB only has 2 RAM slots. The bios is up to date.

The kit works fine at default settings (2133MHz@1.2V). If I turn on the XMP profile I can boot but after a while I got Windows crashes and memtest detects a lot of errors. Same scenario if I set the timings and voltage manually (even @1.4V).

Do you have any advice?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Damn, I had problems with my ram for about 1 week Everytime fiddling with my voltages aftere very crash. Pesky little timing. Changing tRC to 56 really did the trick after some minor adjustments to Dynamic VCore SOC. I hope it sustains, has been running fine for 2 days.

• 2 months later...

I just buy a new PC and nobody from retailer wasn't said to me that Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4RAM ( 4 x 8Gb ) are not compatible with Ryzen CPU 3000 series ( I have Ryzen 9 3900X on ASUS ROG STRIX X570 F-GAMING Motherboard) and I don't know what to do because all of my 4 RAM modules working in default frequency (2133Mhz) but I buy RAM with 3600Mhz and I didn't know that are not support by AMD Ryzen 3000 series CPU. However can someone tell me what to do to get most highest frequency with my all four DDR4 RAM modules?

SKU Mark for my CORSAIR RAM is:

CMW32GX4M4C3600C18

Thanks...

• 2 months later...
... I buy RAM with 3600Mhz and I didn't know that are not support by AMD Ryzen 3000 series CPU. ...

Why do you think that the 3900X does not support 3600 speed RAM?

From checking the manual online for the motherboard you told us you have it clearly lists 3600 as a supported speed for AMD Ryzen 3rd gen processors.

Possibly your RAM be defective, but that is a different issue than simply saying it is not supported.

Unless I'm missing something :-)

I just buy a new PC and nobody from retailer wasn't said to me that Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4RAM ( 4 x 8Gb ) are not compatible with Ryzen CPU 3000 series ( I have Ryzen 9 3900X on ASUS ROG STRIX X570 F-GAMING Motherboard) and I don't know what to do because all of my 4 RAM modules working in default frequency (2133Mhz) but I buy RAM with 3600Mhz and I didn't know that are not support by AMD Ryzen 3000 series CPU. However can someone tell me what to do to get most highest frequency with my all four DDR4 RAM modules?

SKU Mark for my CORSAIR RAM is:

CMW32GX4M4C3600C18

Thanks...

Have you tried DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to help you find compatible settings?

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to help you find compatible settings?

Hey man, im trying to reach out to you by private message but it says that you do not allow that.. anyway.. im having problems going higher than 3200mhz on corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ver 4.32.. do you mind contacting me regarding that? im willing to pay you to walk me through the overclock..

email: klajo22@gmail.com

Hey man, im trying to reach out to you by private message but it says that you do not allow that.. anyway.. im having problems going higher than 3200mhz on corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ver 4.32.. do you mind contacting me regarding that? im willing to pay you to walk me through the overclock..

email: klajo22@gmail.com

Hello duhfyy,

I'm in no way a professional overclocker and it wouldn't feel right charging you for any service regarding that.

My PM is disabled cause of information overload and one less thing to check for messages.

There are a lot of posts I have participated in regarding or related to OC or getting RAM to work on AM4 platform you can get all the info you need to know. You can probably find a majority of them by searching "4.32".

Perhaps start a new thread and give the info for the hardware you have and what you have tried and the community can try and help (including myself)

Quick Tips: with your hardware... (I had the previous gen model of that board for a short time)

- DDR4-3200 should be no problem on that board with a Zen2 cpu. Make sure you are using slots A2, B2.

- If XMP profile is not working set XMP voltage, frequency, timings manually in that order. (also SOC 1.1v or a bit lower than that)

- With 4.32 kits it seems to be a thing that tRC needs a bump somewhere between +2 to +8 over stock for some reason.

- Memtest86 can be used to test memory quickly before getting into more extensive testing

- DRAM Calculator for Ryzen may help you find the correct settings. (reading the Ryzen RAM Overclocking Guide can be quite helpful as well)

- BIOS updates are important, make sure to have at least BIOS with AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B

- Updated chipset drivers are a must and Windows 10 ver 1909 (minimum)

Edited by A Computer Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Всем привет! У меня память cmu64gx4m4c3000c15

удалось на ней взять без поднятия напряжения 3200

все тесты проходит, работаю с CG и 3d, синего экрана не было

https://yadi.sk/d/5_iVwfiNW9obPw

Хочется 3600, пожалуйста помогите

Edited by Rembo211

• 3 weeks later...
Hello duhfyy,

I'm in no way a professional overclocker and it wouldn't feel right charging you for any service regarding that.

My PM is disabled cause of information overload and one less thing to check for messages.

There are a lot of posts I have participated in regarding or related to OC or getting RAM to work on AM4 platform you can get all the info you need to know. You can probably find a majority of them by searching "4.32".

Perhaps start a new thread and give the info for the hardware you have and what you have tried and the community can try and help (including myself)

Quick Tips: with your hardware... (I had the previous gen model of that board for a short time)

- DDR4-3200 should be no problem on that board with a Zen2 cpu. Make sure you are using slots A2, B2.

- If XMP profile is not working set XMP voltage, frequency, timings manually in that order. (also SOC 1.1v or a bit lower than that)

- With 4.32 kits it seems to be a thing that tRC needs a bump somewhere between +2 to +8 over stock for some reason.

- Memtest86 can be used to test memory quickly before getting into more extensive testing

- DRAM Calculator for Ryzen may help you find the correct settings. (reading the Ryzen RAM Overclocking Guide can be quite helpful as well)

- BIOS updates are important, make sure to have at least BIOS with AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B

- Updated chipset drivers are a must and Windows 10 ver 1909 (minimum)

Hey bro, after reading many forums I came across this one and I have solved my problem thanks to this answer, my problem was that my memories did not work with profile docp and it was because they were not in the A2 B2 slots, in none I read that they had to be In those nor in the manual of my mobo, thanks to the fact that I found this forum it solved my problem.

• 4 weeks later...
I had the same issue (3900X in Aorus X570 Elite). After googling I have found this solution both here and on LTT forum.

Has run rock solid ever since.

Holy cow! Mine config is Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE, Ryzen 7 2700 and 1 pair of CMW64GX4M4C3200C16 (2*16 sticks of kit of 4). Danced alot and nothing helped, tried your advice and it seems to run as should...

216472470_1041107710791099108411031085108510991081.thumb.png.53a74eb4f26669782891f9503018b573.png

Holy cow! Mine config is Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE, Ryzen 7 2700 and 1 pair of CMW64GX4M4C3200C16 (2*16 sticks of kit of 4). Danced alot and nothing helped, tried your advice and it seems to run as should...

Hi canberra666,

I have a very similar config, but I can't set my RAM to 3200Mhz, only 2933Mhz.

Please, can you share your BIOS settings (voltage, timings, etc.)?

See attached my specs.

Thank you!

BR,

Ricardo

CPUZ-Rufus.thumb.png.1cb8246379d5296fd8aca133be0af6b7.png

Hello.

Your problem could be that you run 4 dual rank sticks, which makes big stress to R7 2700’s weak memory controller and needs to lower ram clock. I have 2 from this kit, and after some time 3200 mhz clock leaded to BSOD so I tried a lot of timings, and found stable to enable XMP, put manuly ram volts 1.35 but also putting manually ram clock 3000.

When I’ll be back home I’ll check whether I had modified those tRC value or not. Rock stable now, finally, but, again, these are 2 dual rank sticks, yours is 4.

Upd: nope, i put only xmp, 3000 clock, 1.35v voltage, AND DON’T FORGET to increase SOC voltage to 1.15v, mine mb tho is Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite and I could only put an offset for SOC +0.3 mV.

Edited by canberra666