Corsair Community

GTX vs GT on coolers

sebastiannielse

I have a small question about Corsair Product naming:

There is 2 coolers, one that is named h80i GT and one that is named h100i GTX.

Then we have h110i GT.

What is the difference between GTX and GT?

What I understand, hxxy ZZ, then h stands for "hydro", xx means the radiator size (50-80 = single 120mm, 90 = single 140mm, 100-105 = double 120mm, 110 = double 140mm), and if y is a "i" then its Corsair Link compatible, else not.

But one thing I don't understand is this "ZZ" that can be GT versus GTX or nothing.

h80i GT and h100i GTX seem to have the same pump design, while h110i GT have a entirely different pump design.

Can it have something with the fluid to do, that GTX is filled with a Another fluid than GT?

Nothing beyond the obvious physical difference in size and there is no significance to the GT vs GTX designation. This was asked after the models were announced and I believe the response indicated the naming process had divided support. In all likelihood, it was done to minimize clerical errors inherent with the tags H100i GT and H110i GT. I am not sure how many times I could look at that all day before they would start to look the same.

The H110i GT was designed by Asetek, while the H100i GTX and the H80i GT were designed by CoolIT. The liquid inside should be the same regardless of OEM though. It should be distilled water with a bit of glycol added to keep the liquid from freezing during shipping to colder regions.

I have no idea what the "GT" and "GTX" suffixes mean.

I have no idea what the "GT" and "GTX" suffixes mean.

The GT/GTX designation has been used for decades by automobile manufacturers on high performance models. GT stands for Grand Touring or Gran Turismo, the "X" would be for extreme.

This terminology has been co-opted by non-automobile manufacturers for their high performance products and heck it just sounds cool.

Whats GTO stand for?;):

Gran Turismo Omologato (Italian for 'Grand Touring Homologated') from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTO

The H110i GT was designed by Asetek, while the H100i GTX and the H80i GT were designed by CoolIT.

Wrong way round :noooooo:. The H110iGT is CoolIT (http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.php/desktop/desktop-2.html) and both H100iGTX/H80iGT are Asetek (http://asetek.com/customers/do-it-yourself/corsair/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-gtx.aspx).

Wait, the silver plate on the H100i GTX comes off, but the others do not? I think that's a rather neat feature since the silver cap, despite being attractive, doesn't really go with my design. But it's a little weird not to have it on the other two. If any one has a pic of this, please post. I assume the light floods the case a bit the Corsair stencil removed.

Archived