Corsair Community

Force GT 120GB - problem updating to 1.3

Arn_Thor

Hi.

My predicament - Attempting to update from 1.2 to 1.3 due to frequent freezes. ACHI was enabled through microsoft fix and confirmed by a manual check. I attempt to update the firmware according to instructions, but when rescanning the drives (after the "in progress" icon has been active for about a minute or two), the firmware remains at 1.2.

My hardware - here is the problematic part. I`m running win 7 x64 on a 2011 Macbook pro. I fear that may be the root of the problem, but I am unable to test on a proper pc for at least a week, and I`d like to try the update as soon as possibe to see if it fixes the freezes, as I have about a week left to return the drive if the problem is not solved.

If any of you have som insight, I would appreciate it greatly! :o:

(Addition: I tried running the 32 bit version of win 7 as well)

Since posting this I decided to wait for a reply and did a clean install of Lion on the drive.

It has worked well so far (I enabled TRIM just now and hope that won't re-create the problem), but just in case others have an issue, I suggest that Corsair create a firmware update solution more accommodating to Mac users, and/or give my original question a response.

Archived