Corsair Community

H115i Pro firmware update problems

saitch76

iCUE is telling me there is a 1.00.4 firmware update for my H115i Pro. When I run the update, iCUE tells me the update has completed. The H115i Pro then disappears from iCUE until I power off my PC. I have waited 30 minutes for it to reappear before restarting. When I run iCUE again it tells me that the 1.00.4 update is available.

I've contacted tech support and they have suggested I return it. Before i do that, and have weeks of downtime, has anyone else found a solution to this?

Thanks.

That was it? No manual file load try? It's possible the firmware update failed and it borked the unit. This does happen from time to time and it is possible to brick the unit, but usually in that scenario the thing is unresponsive.

Are there any other adverse effects? Wacky fan control? Weird pump lighting? Erratic pump speed?

Yep, That's it. I can't access the H115i Pro in iCUE to change any settings but the fans continue to work and respond to CPU load. I don't use lighting. I reboot and the H115i Pro shows up in iCUE and works as normal.

What would be really useful is if there is a util that can allow me to manually flash the firmware. This could easily be a software problem and I am reluctant to RMA the unit to get a replacement and find it has been a software problem all along.

Yeah, I would have expected Tech Support to provide the file for the manual firmware flash. Not guaranteed to work, but eliminates any download issues. The last firmware update was a little rocky as well. Not sure how well the loader is doing. Edited by c-attack
Predictive text sucks

I have the exact same issue with 115i pro rgb.. No matter how many times I clicked to update to version 1.00.4 it says finished and then disappears, plus the fans stop working. Only a cold boot restores it and makes it appear again on icue and the same message about the update is there again. It's also happening with icue 3.7..

After the firmware loads into the device it has to reset/reboot itself. It should be automatic and only take a few seconds, but there is a weird moment where the pump and fans will blast at a frighteningly loud clip. It seems like your device doesn’t recover after the device self-restart and you have to force it to do it again on the system restart. Send a ticket in to support at least so the data is being tracked and perhaps you will receive some other options. My recommendation is to leave it alone until you hear back. Repeatedly forcing firmware updates often does not end well and there is no indication there is something critical in the new package.

I finally managed to update it!

saitch76 do you have a custom profile enabled for your H115i? If yes switch back to the defaults and then try to update.

I had the "performance" profile enabled for my pump and the "extreme" for the fans. I thought that maybe I should try and switch to the defaults before attempting to update this time. So I set the pump to "balanced" and the fans to "zero rpm" and the update finally worked, pump restarted after a few seconds and all good now!

I finally managed to update it!

saitch76 do you have a custom profile enabled for your H115i? If yes switch back to the defaults and then try to update.

I had the "performance" profile enabled for my pump and the "extreme" for the fans. I thought that maybe I should try and switch to the defaults before attempting to update this time. So I set the pump to "balanced" and the fans to "zero rpm" and the update finally worked, pump restarted after a few seconds and all good now!

This should make no difference and the unit must reset to load the firmware. It is probably coincidence. If you want to keep at this you can, but I would exercise caution for something of minimal value at this point.

Well coincidence or not, i have tried like 6 times during the past two weeks to update with the same result as described. And now that I did this, the unit updated and reset as it should. And of course I know that it shouldn't matter that I had my unit set in the "extreme" profile and not the default, but if this is the case, it's something that needs to be addressed. Anyway, the OP could try.

• 1 year later...

I have the issue as the OP. The cooler is pretty much dead - the pump is not working or running at some very low RPM level. I opened a ticket with Corsair, but it's been a few days and I haven't heard back. I was running firmware version 1.0.2.0 before updating Corsair iCue to enable 7.1 support for a pair of recently purchased Virutoso headphones and I applied the firmware update to install the 1.0.4.0 firmware which apparently was a big mistake.

Was hoping someone had a copy of the 1.0.2.0 factory firmware that shipped with the cooler that I can install? I've looked for the hex files mentioned in some of the threads, but have not been able to find them.