Corsair Community

Will TR3X3G2000C7GTF work on Asus P6T SE?

nawk

According to the specifications from ASUS it will. However, your CPU will be the primary determining factor if you can actually reach 2000.

Can you elaborate on that? I learned that to reach memory clocks of 2000mhz+ the uncore frequency has to be set to double of the mem clock.

More importantly, I want to know by setting the uncore frequency to 4000mhz+, Is it a MUST that the core clock be set to at least 4000Mhz? (Please explain)

With that said, I think I'm going to buy the Asus P6T SE now. One other minor question: by the looks of the main* specs a Asus P6T SE and the more expensive Deluxe and a Rampage II extreme are identical. So, what makes it a 150-200 dollar more MB?

Thanks!

Uncore is not directly related to memory frequency. It's the memory controller that will make or break your memory OC. As for the SE version, ASUS cut back on USB connectors, LAN connectors, and the voltage regulation for the CPU. Check out some reviews if you need more specifics.

Hi nawk,

I just replied to you in another post.

The MB is not as important as your CPU. And your CPU depends on your luck.

Since you have bought the most expensive memory you might as well buy Rampage II extreme.

I have the Deluxe but if I had to do it again I'll get Rampage II extreme.

Best of luck.

Sepyx

P.S. with your new ram memory forget about ASUS SE

The MB is not as important as your CPU. And your CPU depends on your luck.

Since you have bought the most expensive memory you might as well buy Rampage II extreme.

The motherboard is also important for OC, just as your cpu.

And when money is no problem, go for Evga Classified E759 Limited Edition or Foxconn Bloodrage, the best there is because records are made with them.

Rampage2 sucks big-time, Gigabyte EX58-Extreme mobo OC's much better also.

Whya 3 GB pack instead of a 6 GB pack?

I always keep a close watch on my memory consumption and I don't need 6GB for my applications. More importantly, I'm on a tight budge.

If you have 6GB and you're not utilizing half of that most of the time, you probably don't need 6GB.

According to the UPS tracking system, my kit is coming on monday. Yay!

I still need to decide what MB to go for now that I'm dropping the idea with Asus P6T SE for several reasons:

• No SLI support (Boo)

• 8 Phase Power (Not great according to what specmike tells me)

"16+2 Phase Power" what does the +2 mean ?

That said, I don't want to spend $450-$500 on a MB. My pocket is already bleeding.

Archived