Corsair Community

Firmware update doesn't work

NapsTer

Hi. I have the F115 SSD And my firmware version is 2.1a, so i wanted to update it to 2.4 I downloaded the update tool but when i start it there is no drive... In the left corner down is shown No drives found. What can i do? I have attached a picture to show the problem.

ssd.jpg.487a69329626ed6d364270aceb2df5a0.jpg

One other thing to try is right clicking the firmware update tool and "Run as administrator". My drive didn't show up until I did that.

I DID IT!!!! Your solution didn't work so i went to properties and at copatibility i set Windows 7 even though i have it installed and i've also checked Run as Administrator and it worked fine. 2 reboots and Firmware version 2.4.. I'm happy though i don't really know the improvements of the firmware..

I DID IT!!!! Your solution didn't work so i went to properties and at copatibility i set Windows 7 even though i have it installed and i've also checked Run as Administrator and it worked fine. 2 reboots and Firmware version 2.4.. I'm happy though i don't really know the improvements of the firmware..

Woohoo! That worked fine for me as well. :biggrin: Thanks!

Sounded promising, but i got no luck when trying this "solution".

I just want to know if i have understand anything right, napster?

1. I have to set the compatiblity mode of the updater to "Windows 7" (properties)
  2. After clicking okay i have to start the updater as administrator
  3. Then my ssd will show up...maybe when clicking the refresh button again.

Am i right?

That's all i made, but got no luck at the end...my F40 doesn't show up.

I need to update it from firmware 1.1 to something newer. :(

@Yellowbeard: Is there a chance to get to know when a solution will be available?

Sounded promising, but i got no luck when trying this "solution".

I just want to know if i have understand anything right, napster?

1. I have to set the compatiblity mode of the updater to "Windows 7" (properties)
  2. After clicking okay i have to start the updater as administrator
  3. Then my ssd will show up...maybe when clicking the refresh button again.

Am i right?

That's all i made, but got no luck at the end...my F40 doesn't show up.

I need to update it from firmware 1.1 to something newer. :(

@Yellowbeard: Is there a chance to get to know when a solution will be available?

so the ideea is to set compatibility mode to windows 7 (try with Vista), i believe the problem is with the windows maybe if you put your ssd on another system and use it not for booting maybe you will see it with the updater... Remember you must run it As An Administrator.. That's how i did it.

so the ideea is to set compatibility mode to windows 7 (try with Vista),

Of course i tried some other settings of this pull down menue, but no luck there, too. :(

i believe the problem is with the windows maybe if you put your ssd on another system and use it not for booting maybe you will see it with the updater.

I think so, too...and i will try to test it with an nForce based system later this day. Will report then.

Remember you must run it As An Administrator.. That's how i did it.

How can i forget that when written SO OFTEN here in the forums. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hello! - apologies for digging up the old thread but the F40 drive in question is usually hidden deep in the depth of my HTPC! but I decided to upgrade that and thought while it was out I would sort out all the firmware and drivers!

I have the same issue... no amount of 'Run as Administrator' or run in 'Win 7' comparability will make the drive appear....

My mainboard is an EVGA nForce 680... which as far as I can see has no AHCI mode..? . but the drive shows up and works fine.... I've also tried using a USB adaptor, a SATA -> IDE adapter.... nothing makes the drive show up.

Pointers appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ahhh I think this maybe the app I already have... is it the 'Corsair_Force_Series_Update_Tool_1.0' - that always says no drive is attached... I've tried it in 3 different machines, win XP, Win 7, Win 8.1, Nforce chipsets, intel chipsets, still nothing. "No Drives Found!"

Archived