Corsair Community

K70 back light issue

purpl35mrf

Hello everyone! first post, i am having an issue with my back lights during pc boot up. no LED'S are lit but the dim winlock and num,cap,scroll lock. however when i start up the corsair utility engine all my saved lighting effects will start to work. all i have to do is open the application and thats it. when i restart pc ill have to reopen application for it to work again. have forced update on keyboard and utility engine has latest software. :confused:

If you have the previous K70 keyboards (e.g. K70 RGB, K70 RGB Rapidfire and K70 RGB LUX) then it is possible that you pressed 'save static lighting and performance to memory' or something along those lines in iCUE. To fix this, set up a new profile, customise the keyboard using only static colours and click on that 'save static lighting' option.

Or, perhaps your keyboard is the K70 RGB M.K2, In which case, go to your hardware profiles in iCUE, customise them (you may use other effects such as rainbow wave) and save them to the desired profile.

Archived