Corsair Community

AX850 dead - what do I need to do?

Dark Light

I have an AX850 PSU that I got in 2012 from Amazon UK. Over the past few days my PC wouldn't turn on, so I fiddled around with the lead and it worked. Yesterday however, it didn't work and my machine wouldn't turn on at all, I am only running a stock 3930k with 16GB memory and an old HD 4870 with an SDD and one HDD. I have tried a different lead, removing and replacing the cables and I have tried jump starting the PSU, nothing works.

Also, if\when I send it back what will I need to package, as I do not have anything apart from the PSU at the moment (as it is at another address) and I am unsure what receipts I still have. Finally, would it be possible if I created a video proving that the PSU is dead by jumping the PSU and then jumping a working PSU, so a replacement could be send out straight away?

So the PSU seems to be dead, I have never sent anything back before and I am unsure on what to do (and please don't just tell me to create an RMA). I really really need my PC, so can someone please help?

Dark Light

just fill out an rma and have it replaced,you dont need to prove its faulty.

you can request an advanced rma where a new psu is sent to you first,this reduces your downtime and the need to remove cables until your ready to install the new psu

hope this helps and theres any further questions,just post em'

very helpful post for the op

Dark Light

just fill out an rma and have it replaced,you dont need to prove its faulty.

you can request an advanced rma where a new psu is sent to you first,this reduces your downtime and the need to remove cables until your ready to install the new psu

hope this helps and theres any further questions,just post em'

Thanks for your response, the things that I am worried out are:

1. I am anxious that if I do send it back they will say that it is not faulty and\or that I have misused the PSU so therefore the warranty is null and void.

2. I do not currently have any of the packaging, unused cables and accessories that came with the PSU at the moment, as they are at another addresses and I am unsure of what I would need to return.

3. I am anxious about sending it back in relation to payment and packaging.

4. As for as I am aware the AX850 is no longer produced, so I am worried that when I send it back they will either try and repair it, send me someone else's repaired PSU or send me a different PSU that I find inadequate, such as the HX850 or AX860.

5. I am worried that I do not have the relevant documentation that is required for a RMA, as I don't have anything with me at the moment, so I am unsure of what documentation I still have (for example the receipt that came with the PSU).

in order to rma it ,everything does need to be sent back including the cables and most likely a proof of purchase so particulars can be verified.

before you proceed further id suggest calling them to get everything officially answered and to avoid any delays

in order to rma it ,everything does need to be sent back including the cables and most likely a proof of purchase so particulars can be verified.

before you proceed further id suggest calling them to get everything officially answered and to avoid any delays

Do they have a Phone centre that is online or in the UK, that is not like a 45p a minute number?

Archived