Corsair Community

Keyboard freezes during gaming and plugged in.

jordanlyc

Hi there, I am from Malaysia. I have purchased a Corsair k95 platinum RGB with mx speed switches 3 weeks ago and I have been facing multiple issues since then. First of all, my keyboard will not be functioning from time to time. The light is still on but it remains static and the key is not functioning. Then when i open the iCue software, there is a small red triangle signal under the keyboard icon.

After that, I would perform the reset for the keyboard and it takes a few times to succeed. The iCue software informs me that my third profile is not the same as it used to be, i can choose save to restore it. Everytime it is the third profile which is facing this issue and it shows a rainbow wave motion with no direction which means after restoring it, it will become a profile that does not have any rgb.

Furthermore, everytime after I restart my laptop, the keyboard will not be working properly and show no response and does not register any input even if the light is still on. Recently, the keyboard starts to freeze when I am gaming and it is usable for the first 5 seconds after plugging in again. After that, it freezes again.

I am connecting the keyboard to my laptop which is a ASUS gl552vx.:[pouts:

I have also tried the soft reset for a few times and it is not working at all. It is very tedious as I am constantly facing this issue during gaming and work.

Now it started to freeze more frequently and it will go static just by leaving it there for some time. This is a very bad experience for me as this is the first corsair product i bought.

Hi I'm facing the exact same problems as yours.

I just recently bought my keyboard a couple days ago, and experience what you do.

Some forums suggested buying a powered USB hub would do the trick, and some it even worked for. So i bough a pretty expensive USB hub(It's expensive for what it is). But with no success, my keyboard kept disconnecting still.

I have tried all other solutions as mention you have tried, soft reset, deleting drivers, reinstalling iCUE and what not, no success.

But i have found a temp fix to at least make the keyboard usable.

There might be other options, but this is what i have working atm.

In the lighting options you have to choose "Static color" and then choose just a few keys, i mostly have just the letters lit up. I don't think the full keyboard works, at least i frooze on me the last time.

With this i haven't had any freezing problems. But sure this isn't what i payed so many money to get.

I hope we can somehow try and find a fix for this together, or I might just return it.

Have you found any solution to this?

Hi there, I am from Malaysia. I have purchased a Corsair k95 platinum RGB with mx speed switches 3 weeks ago and I have been facing multiple issues since then. First of all, my keyboard will not be functioning from time to time. The light is still on but it remains static and the key is not functioning. Then when i open the iCue software, there is a small red triangle signal under the keyboard icon.

After that, I would perform the reset for the keyboard and it takes a few times to succeed. The iCue software informs me that my third profile is not the same as it used to be, i can choose save to restore it. Everytime it is the third profile which is facing this issue and it shows a rainbow wave motion with no direction which means after restoring it, it will become a profile that does not have any rgb.

Furthermore, everytime after I restart my laptop, the keyboard will not be working properly and show no response and does not register any input even if the light is still on. Recently, the keyboard starts to freeze when I am gaming and it is usable for the first 5 seconds after plugging in again. After that, it freezes again.

I am connecting the keyboard to my laptop which is a ASUS gl552vx.:[pouts:

I have also tried the soft reset for a few times and it is not working at all. It is very tedious as I am constantly facing this issue during gaming and work.

On your laptop, you have 1x USB3 Type C, 2x USB3.0, and 1x USB2 ports. Please connect your K95 using only 1 USB3.0 port as instructed in your manual. I think you are using both connections, and probably feeding too much power to your unit.

On your laptop, you have 1x USB3 Type C, 2x USB3.0, and 1x USB2 ports. Please connect your K95 using only 1 USB3.0 port as instructed in your manual. I think you are using both connections, and probably feeding too much power to your unit.

My laptop has 2 usb 3.0 ports and a 2.0 port, I have been connecting the keyboard to only 1 USB 3.0 all the time. It still freezes, Corsair support do provide me with a file to replace in my keyboard and it still freezes for me. Now they are suggesting me to post back and do a RMA.

Hi I'm facing the exact same problems as yours.

I just recently bought my keyboard a couple days ago, and experience what you do.

Some forums suggested buying a powered USB hub would do the trick, and some it even worked for. So i bough a pretty expensive USB hub(It's expensive for what it is). But with no success, my keyboard kept disconnecting still.

I have tried all other solutions as mention you have tried, soft reset, deleting drivers, reinstalling iCUE and what not, no success.

But i have found a temp fix to at least make the keyboard usable.

There might be other options, but this is what i have working atm.

In the lighting options you have to choose "Static color" and then choose just a few keys, i mostly have just the letters lit up. I don't think the full keyboard works, at least i frooze on me the last time.

With this i haven't had any freezing problems. But sure this isn't what i payed so many money to get.

I hope we can somehow try and find a fix for this together, or I might just return it.

Have you found any solution to this?

Hi there, I have not found any solution currently, worse off, today it freezes and type only "e" key non stop, I have to unplug it n replug it in again.

Now it freezes every few hours and it either shows a red signal in iCue software or totally not detected. This is very frustrating.

Today Corsair support has suggest to do a RMA and I am asking my seller for their advice. Will update you soon. I am using a CM Quick Fire TK at the moment since this K95 is too unstable.

• 2 months later...

I have same issue.

I have K95 Platinum it freeze after 1-2 hours of using it (RGB ON but no respond)

I did everything thing to fix it. (Reinstall iCube, Soft and Hard reset, Delete Hid, even i upgraded windows 10 to pro)

Finally I found temporary fix from 2 days back which is by uninstall iCube. iCube keep installing more Hid you can check go to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers"

I cant customize or use profile. only Keyboard's profiles.

I made ticket and they respond "RMA", Since I am from middle east and shipment will cost me 50% of Keyboard price.

I will keep updating if the issue came again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived