Corsair Community

AMD Ryzen DDR4 Compatibility Questions?

Corsair CJ

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee

Hey Red Ray, this information is an older slide. AM4 memory compatibility has gotten a LOT better since early March.

We have tested single and double rank modules on AM4 boards, and the ones listed in our initial post are AM4 approved and guaranteed to work.

As CJ said, we'll be adding a lot to this list as we validate more and more modules. Right now AM4 memory compatibility can still be a bit tricky between various board vendors and even BIOS revisions. It's getting better every day, though.

I wouldn't be as concerned with the # of ranks or the memory IC on each module as I would be with whether or not the memory is validated & qualified on AM4.

Even the same module with a different SPD can change performance and compatibility significantly right now.

Hi,

Currently I am using msi b350 tomahawk and domminator CMD16GX4M2B3000C15, still have issues on frequency max 1.833Mhz and also a lot of freeze and Insist me to hard reset and start the computer again. Note that I am using default values on bios!

Is there any specific voltage, latency, and frequency to maximize the performance whitout making it crash over and over.

Thanks

@Corsair George I would love to hear if ANY of your Vengeance LED chips are (or will be) compatible with Ryzen - particularly the new Vengeance RGB...

My single rank CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 worked with a 1700X :cool:.

CL 4.6.0.86 failed to control the LEDs :(:, but my SIV utility could :biggrin:, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=896217

1. Hey Red Ray, this information is an older slide.
  2. AM4 memory compatibility has gotten a LOT better since early March.
  3. We have tested single and double rank modules on AM4 boards, and the ones listed in our initial post are AM4 approved and guaranteed to work.
  4. As CJ said, we'll be adding a lot to this list as we validate more and more modules.
  5. Right now AM4 memory compatibility can still be a bit tricky between various board vendors and even BIOS revisions. It's getting better every day, though.
  6. I wouldn't be as concerned with the # of ranks or the memory IC on each module as I would be with whether or not the memory is validated & qualified on AM4.
  7. Even the same module with a different SPD can change performance and compatibility significantly right now.

Thank you for your reply, but when will you not reply the PM I sent on 22-Mar-2017?

1. Please will you specify the URL of the latest information from AMD?
  2. Obviously.
  3. Were the speeds achieved for single rank the same as for double rank or faster?
  4. Good.
  5. Yes and I get the impression single rank DIMMs are not as tricky as double rank DIMMs.
  6. You may not be, but I am and would like the rank information so I can make an informed decision. Obviously I would check the DIMMs were validated & qualified.
  7. Which run fastest if pushed beyond the qualified speed, single rank CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 or dual rank CMU16GX4M2A2666C16?

attachment.php?attachmentid=28204&d=1489760910

attachment.php?attachmentid=28205&d=1489765046

• 2 weeks later...
I got 2x CMK16GX4M1B3000C15 and Gigabyte Aorus x370 Gaming K7 with F3C bios (F3D didn't flash for me) and can't get to post with over 2400MHz. Any advice or help with maybe some manual timings ? and can I go over 1.35V?

I'm getting stable 2400 on corsair default timings with Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit – Cool Gray (CMK16GX4M2C3200C16S) but cant get any higher than that. Its a samsung dual rank kit.

Mother board: Asus X370 Prime Pro, 0515 bios

Processor: Ryzen 1800X

Ram kit: CMK16GX4M2C3200C16S _ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x 8gb 3200 mhz

Bios timings: 16-18-18-18-36, 1.35v

Let me know if you need more testing or screenshots of the kit/siv etc. I've tried every timing I could think of and cannot get above 2400. Its dead solid at 2400 though, so its better than 2133!

Okay so im looking to buy

Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX PC25600 16GB (2X8GB) - CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-lpx-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-dram-3200mhz-c16-memory-kit-black-cmk16gx4m2b3200c16

For my Ryzen 1700

But from what i've read here and other source of information

Ryzen works better with samsung b-die chip than hynix chip and to know what chip i get is to check the RAM VERSION, if its 5.39 then it is Hynix, if its 4.31 then it is samsung b-die.

My question is HOW do you check the version? because i looked through photos of the memory box and not a single of them have a version listed.

If you know please help and if possible share the picture of where the version can be found

THANKS!

While my 16GB Vengeance kit CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 is on the validated list I'm having a lot of trouble reaching anything past 2400. The XMP profile won't post, apart from one odd time when it did, not exactly stable. With a bump to soc voltage and increased timings to cl18 I'm able to get 2666 to post but that seems to be about it. Running Ryzen 1700X with the Asus Prime x370 mobo and 0604 bios. Anyone with better experiences on this?

Hi, i have the above corsair memory installed in a Asus ROG x370 board and when i run the 3000 speed profile or I try manually, it always sets the timings to 16-17-17-35 and not the 15-17-17-35 as the memory is rated. Even the profile is correct with the 15 CAS but when i check with Corsair Link or CPUid its still 16 cas.

Any help would be appreciated.

@ejn1111: That was explained in the C6H OC guide (PDF-Link).

THanks, Not sure I'm following the guide completely. I'm running 1002 BIOS and see the guide was written prior? Are you saying from the guide the memory can't run at that freq and timing so it is automatically adjusting it to CAS 16? If that's the case, why is Corsair advertising that this memory is tested at the listed DDR4 3000 and 15-17-17-35?

Many thanks!

While my 16GB Vengeance kit CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 is on the validated list I'm having a lot of trouble reaching anything past 2400. The XMP profile won't post, apart from one odd time when it did, not exactly stable. With a bump to soc voltage and increased timings to cl18 I'm able to get 2666 to post but that seems to be about it. Running Ryzen 1700X with the Asus Prime x370 mobo and 0604 bios. Anyone with better experiences on this?

XMP profiles shouldn't be able to run at all with a Ryzen CPU; they are designed specifically for Intel processors. As to the clock setting, it seems to wildly depend on what motherboard you are using because, even if you have two models from the same manufacturer, they don't all run RAM the same way.

One user on YouTube, named Scar9889, said their Ryzen 1700 and a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 with the F6 beta BIOS can run a pair of 8GB 3200 MHz C16 chips at 2933MHz! Another, pro streamer named Bitwit used the same board and cpu with C15 3000 MHz chips, but he doesn't mention how high he could run them at. Both of these chip-models were red LEDs, though I think we can assume they will work with their blue and white counterparts as well...

It would really help if Corsair worked with YouTube streamers to get a more complete picture of which ram chips work and which don't. These people are doing reviews, so their assistance in building a compatibility list would seem prudent.

It would really help if Corsair worked with YouTube streamers to get a more complete picture of which ram chips work and which don't. These people are doing reviews, so their assistance in building a compatibility list would seem prudent.

I agree, It would actually be nice with a tutorial (i have just orderd the rbg for my msi x370 ryzen board)

So this is the third order i get it wrong just cuz i can't seem to get any answers here and i actually want to be able too use my new board/ryzen....

I have 4 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15(W) and cannot get passed 2133 and have 03d and 01a BSOD

I took one out same issue and now I have taken 2 out and only have 2 install on my X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM MB Bios 1.4.

1800X CPU and I am now wishing I never got this CPU. What A Waste to only be able to use 16GB with the CPU and MB.

I well see if only 16GB will work but I really needed 32GB to do my work.

I run 16GB of 2x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz (CMD16GX4M2B3200C16) Version 4.24. I can only run those two chips up to 2667MHz. Hope they release an update were I can push the ram to 3200MHz. I run the rams with the ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO AM4 and AMD Ryzen 1700 processor.

I've been running CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 on an Asus Prime X370-Pro at 2933MHz with no issues, and have dropped the timings to 14-14-14-34 and get a completely stable system. Will check which version I get the chance. Haven't tried pushing it to 3200 yet, mostly because I hate waiting for those five boot attempts before the defaults are restored and I view 2933 as pretty good at the moment. Bios version 0604, but it was running at 2933 under 0515 as well. Edited by Atomkinder