Corsair Community

Need check on parts list, please.

Rehk

Hello. I'm looking to build a new pc in the next month or so and was hoping someone could check my build list to make sure my cooler, case, and fans will work.

I am planning on getting the 460x, H110i v2, and Corsair ML120 PRO 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation RGB LED PWM Fan with Lighting Node 3 Pack.

I am planning to keep the x3 default case fans up front, do a top mounted radiator, and single rear exhaust just like shown in this picture:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342372504569905152/449262864696344586/371b0f963feed4fad252b6dbf0af1595.png

I am also planning to replace the stock radiator fans with x2 of the Mag Levs, and use the final one on the rear exhaust.

My question are - does the case and 3 pack of fans come will all I need to setup the lighting? Or do I need additional modules like a commander or second lighting node pro? Are the fans I mentioned good replacements for the stock radiator fans? Any additional comments or critique?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Attached is my prospective part list;

I'm trying to stay as close to within a 2600 budget as possible. Does anyone foresee any problems or have any recommendations outside my list?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Build.txt

Nothing jumps out as a serious problem. You will need to make sure that you manage the heat from the GPU - that will be your major heat source.

Be careful with the EVGA software - it can interfere with Link/iCue if you have the RGB Sync functionality enabled.

Have you considered the H150i PRO (Front Mounted)? That's certainly an option.

And, if you have the budget, look at a larger storage drive. Magnetic drive space is cheap and you'd be amazed how quickly it fills up, especially if you load up multiple games.

Nothing jumps out as a serious problem. You will need to make sure that you manage the heat from the GPU - that will be your major heat source.

Be careful with the EVGA software - it can interfere with Link/iCue if you have the RGB Sync functionality enabled.

Have you considered the H150i PRO (Front Mounted)? That's certainly an option.

And, if you have the budget, look at a larger storage drive. Magnetic drive space is cheap and you'd be amazed how quickly it fills up, especially if you load up multiple games.

Are there any changes I can make to the parts list to avoid these kinds of software issues? Change the radiator? Do the fans still need Link? I like stuff to match when possible, but I like to avoid conflicts and have stuff actually WORK even more. ;)

Does the H110i support onboard profiles? Could I set it up with Link then remove it?

I really hate running all these extra software profiles to get features to work, and I'd be absolutely willing to make brand changes to avoid such issues and use as little of it as possible.

Also, any recommendations that would address PSU heat outside of a front radiator?

A few new questions:

Would it benefit me in any way to get an Asus GPU so I don't have to run asus, evga, and corsair softwares? Or is there still conflict between Asus and Corsair software?

Can any of these softwares be installed, configured, and then removed? Is there any reason I shouldn't do that anyways for things like Cue and Link?

I would get an Asus GPU, personally. With the EVGA software, you can disable the RGB Sync feature and you should be OK.

With iCue, you'll want to have it running unless you want rainbows all the time. You can configure your cooler in either and then save the settings to the cooler.

Archived