Corsair Community

iCUE Fan control doesn't work.

Krawuzikrabuzi

Hello everyone,

I recently installed iCUE and my new Commander Pro into my system.

Connected to my Commander Pro are:

My H100i v2

6 120LL Series fans (4 fan connections) 1 fan is on the CPU_Fan and one is connected to the H100i v2

1 Fan LED Hub with all 6 LL fans

4 LED Strips (daisy chained)

Now my Problem:

I wanted to control my casefans like advertised in the YouTube Video ([ame]

[/ame] around 1:35) to just ramp up if I game or have a heavy workload on my System. I set up a fan curve and set the temperature sensor on to my GPU. But even if I use the profile I have to first set the % for fan speed to 0 to stop the fans in the first place, after that I have to manually change to my preconfigured fan curve. But after the change my fans won’t turn on while gaming. If I use a different program for a game with a fan curve where the fans are always on they will turn on while ingame but won’t turn of if I change back to my normal Profile even if the temperatures are fare lower that configured.

I don’t know if this is just an iCUE problem but it kind of seems to me like if the program is setting the fan curve up but that just accept the speed it currently has and doesn’t change it with the temperature automatically. Maybe I am wrong, but I hope this helps to improve iCUE in terms of fan configuration.

Hopefully this is just a software issue and not a hardware error.

Thank you very much and have a nice day! I hope someone can help me.

It is an issue with this release of iCue. Some folks have gotten their curves to work properly through a series of contortions that is not 100% repeatable.

The next build of iCue should improve this.

In the meantime, you can use Link or set your fans to a steady speed that balances airflow and noise. Or take a look for c-attack's workaround (on another post about this same issue) that works for some.

Archived