Corsair Community

Curious Rainbow Effect?

Whisky Lima

Hey guys, I'm probably repeating what someone else has already asked but has anyone noticed that the standard rainbow effect that runs when the Link software is not running, seems to be a channel effect whereas the same effect in the software appears to run though all the colours on a single strip of LEDs or a single fan. Am I missing something or has corsair deliberately disabled this apparent channel effect when the software is running because I cannot replicate it and I don't understand why this isn't available?!? :sigh!:

Hey guys, I'm probably repeating what someone else has already asked but has anyone noticed that the standard rainbow effect that runs when the Link software is not running, seems to be a channel effect whereas the same effect in the software appears to run though all the colours on a single strip of LEDs or a single fan. Am I missing something or has corsair deliberately disabled this apparent channel effect when the software is running because I cannot replicate it and I don't understand why this isn't available?!? :sigh!:

I have made it available here: http://alexkrastev.herokuapp.com/users/profiles/12/profile

It's "demo mode" and Corsair Dustin says that they are looking at making it available via Link. Exactly when, however, is unknown.

Ok well that's cool I guess, I just wonder what is so had about including an effect that obviously already exists and works.. oh well that's corsair for you.. perfect hardware, software sometimes leaves a little to be desired :s

That's for HUE-based devices (keyboards, mice, etc.). Unfortunately, we cannot create custom LED profiles for fans, etc. with Link. :(:

Also coming soon apparently is the Corsair 'Link It' software to combine CUE and Link so we should have full control over everything in one program.. as excited as I am about this, its going to be a while before that's a reality :(

• 5 months later...

Archived