Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX Memtest86+ Fail

jnm

Hello,

Since I've installed the TW3X4G1333C9DHX RAM my computer has been locking up at random times. Using Memtest86+ v2.1 I consistently had error/freezes during test #8. Through TigerDirect I had a RMA number issued and replaced the RAM modules only to find that my computer was locking up again. Again Memtest finds errors during test #8.

The bios RAM settings are set for 9-9-9-24 @ 1.7V and nothing in my system is overclocked.

Is this a common problem with this particular RAM or could it be something else with my system (which I think is unlikely)? I'm frustrated and lost at this point, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employee
Make sure you test the modules one at a time in the slot closest to the CPU. If both modules fail individually then I would suggest testing in an alternate DIMM slot to rule out a problem with the board. Test them one at a time and let us know your results!

Well, I have some good news. I took out one of the modules and tested the other in the channel closest to the CPU. It failed with Memtest86+ three times in a row, but only after having 1 successful pass which I don't understand. I moved that same module over to the alternate channel closest to the CPU to have it fail 4 times in a row.

I removed the faulty RAM and replaced it with the other module. 4 successful passes in each channel with no errors encountered.

So it seems I have one good RAM module and one bad, where do I go from here? To complicate things I can't find the original packaging for the RAM although the individual RAM modules have UPC codes, is this going to be a problem?

• Corsair Employee
Is it possible to only have the bad module exchanged? I don't want to be without a computer at home for a week.

Once you receive your RMA number, please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and they may be able to give you some alternative options.

Archived