Corsair Community

RM1000i and Link freeze issue.

pyrojoe34

So I'm having a problem with my new RM1000i freezing the Link software. When I start the computer with the Link cable plugged in (USB), I can't open the link software. It's frozen and is taking a constant 15% of my CPU but AIDA 64 can see reported values. If I start my PC with the cable unplugged then I plug it in, Link will recognize the PSU, not freeze and report correctly (AIDA 64 does not see it). Neither my H80i v2 or H110i GTX have this issue.

I suspect it's a problem with AIDA 64 (beta) since that caused problems with the coolers but I fixed that by turning off Asetek LC support and Corsair Link support.

Is there a setting in the stability menu that I can disable to force AIDA64 to ignore the PSU and not try to read it so there is no interference?

Link: Newest stable build

AIDA 64: Beta build (5.70.3833)

Any ideas?

So nothing as easy as the fix for the coolers (just force AIDA to ignore it)?

I guess I'll just submit a ticket. I was hoping there was an easy temp fix.

No. I feel if you tell AIDA64 to ignore Corsair Link devices it should ignore the USB Connected PSUs, but it only ignores PSUs that are C-Link connected.

I assume you mean AIDA64 ticket.

You could also raise a ticket against CL4 for failing to use the lock I proposed.

No. I feel if you tell AIDA64 to ignore Corsair Link devices it should ignore the USB Connected PSUs, but it only ignores PSUs that are C-Link connected.

I assume you mean AIDA64 ticket.

You could also raise a ticket against CL4 for failing to use the lock I proposed.

No, I made a ticket for Corsair. AIDA did their due diligence and added support for Link. it's on Corsair now. Maybe AIDA will add a setting option to ignore the PSU until Corsair gets it together but that'd be a favor, not an obligation.

No, I made a ticket for Corsair. AIDA did their due diligence and added support for Link. it's on Corsair now. Maybe AIDA will add a setting option to ignore the PSU until Corsair gets it together but that'd be a favor, not an obligation.

Were AIDA64 my utility I would make it ignore Corsair Link PSUs when Corsair Link support is disabled, but it is not.

I also raised such a ticket on 22-Sep-2014 to no avail, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=729115.

Today I finally received an e-mail from the Corsair Link project manager which stated "Corsair will not be implementing the Mutex as requested" :(:

Were AIDA64 my utility I would make it ignore Corsair Link PSUs when Corsair Link support is disabled, but it is not.

I also raised such a ticket on 22-Sep-2014 to no avail.

Today I finally received an e-mail from the Corsair Link project manager which stated "Corsair will not be implementing the Mutex as requested" :(:

I posted in the AIDA forums and an admin said they'll try to implement a fix on their end... at least some companies are doing it right...

Any idea why they refuse?

I posted in the AIDA forums and an admin said they'll try to implement a fix on their end... at least some companies are doing it right...

Your luck is in, Tamas has just e-mailed me and asked for my SIV code that works around the poor locking implementation within CL4. This should mean that all of AIDA64 :sunglasse, CL4 :(: and SIV :cool: can report all your CL hardware at the same time.

Your luck is in, Tamas has just e-mailed me and asked for my code...

Nice, I'm a huge fan of Corsair hardware but their software is sad... If they implement a fix they'll regain a lot of respect from me...

Corsair, my build has over $500 of Corsair hardware in it (Case, PSU, 2 coolers, HG10, RAM), don't alienate your loyal customers over something like this.

Thanks red-ray for your help. Hope to see something good in the near future.

For now I'm just leaving the PSU Link cable unplugged and waiting.

Hope to see something good in the near future.

I worked with Tamas today and I have an AIDA64 that plays nicely with both CL4 and SIV :eek:. Is this what you are hoping for? I suspect there will be a public beta shortly :nodding:.

Although I tested with SIV 5.10 Beta-16 the SIV 5.09 release also supports this :cool:.

The full size screen shot is attached.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25373&stc=1&d=1463933713

1326196758_AIDA64CL4SIVfullsize.thumb.png.d3914b5db2947bd0864d348d5dde5d07.png

145842237_AIDA64CL4SIVhalfsize.thumb.png.5cdd104e7be532b2a3e5729ffe5db0a2.png

I worked with Tamas today and I have an AIDA64 what plays nicely with both CL4 and SIV :eek:. If this what you are hoping for? I suspect there will be a public beta shortly :nodding:.

Although I tested with SIV 5.10 Beta-16 the SIV 5.09 release also supports this :cool:.

Seems great! Can't wait to try it out and actually use my PSU link.

This is the response I got today from my Corsair ticket: "Please do not run AIDA, or do not run Corsair Link as they conflict. Uninstall 1 of them and the issue should disappear."

They really just don't care about their software conflicts...

Jesus man... that system of yours... I'm officially jealous...

I also raised such a ticket on 22-Sep-2014 to no avail, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=729115.

The fact that Corsair has taken this long, to say they won't make their piece of fecal matter... ie: Corsair Link, work correctly with other software, is the final nail in the coffin. I'll be buying from them again when Hell freezes over.

They make decent hardware, but they suck at software, and the support staff is arrogant, and the customer service I've received just stunk. This learning exercise cost me a Cooler that I bought specifically for Corsair Link. Luckily I was going to buy a CL capable power supply, but at the time it was unavailable, and by the time it was back in stock, I had figured out CL was a flaming pile of poo. Thank god for small favors like that. At least I only wasted the money on the cooler.

Thank god for small favors like that. At least I only wasted the money on the cooler.

With SIV and now AIDA, I don't think your money is wasted.

Give up on LINK, use SIV. SIV is stable, lightweight, functional - and Ray listens to feedback from the community.

Now that Ray has added a "profiles" function i see no reason to use LINK.

(Pip out, drops usb stick with LINK software on floor and walks out of forum)

Red-Ray, Thanks for all your help. The AIDA guys just sent me a link to the new build (https://forums.aida64.com/topic/3361-rm1000i-and-corsair-link-freeze-issue-related-to-aida64/) which fixed the Link freeze issue. It's great to know there are developers out there as dedicated as you and the AIDA guys.

See my comment in the thread regarding the problem of the Asetek LC sensor support fan controller issue, it's not a concern to me since I can just disable it but you may want to know about it anyway.

Thanks again!

It's great to know there are developers out there as dedicated as you and the AIDA guys.

See my comment in the thread regarding the problem of the Asetek LC sensor support fan controller issue

It's not just down to dedication, competence is also needed. Further to make locking work well then the developers of all the programs need to work together. As you can infer from my posts the Corsair developer's did not and still do not do this.

• It took Tamas (ADIA64) less than 24 hours to implement Global\Access_CorsairLink support once I e-mailed him the semantics. Thus far Corsair have not even asked me what the semantics are.

If only they had talked with Tamas or myself at the time....

Honestly, the interlock is an issue that even I've run into.

I have seen several mentions of this, but suspect that latest Beta may resolve the issue. I don't get this issue with my Asetek H80iGT when I run CL4 + SIV, do you?

Note that when you run CL4 + SIV then SIV needs to be just in monitoring mode, so you should not specify -AIOCTL as if you do with will try and control the CL hardware :eek:. AFAIK CL4 can't just monitor the CL hardware.

I have not tried SIV at all, should I?

In AIDA, if I leave the Asetek LC sensor support on, my H110i GTX will fluctuate when trying to set a fixed speed in Link and my H80i v2 (I RMA-ed the GT) just stays at min speed no matter what. If I disable Asetek LC sensor support then the fan controllers on the AIOs work just fine and AIDA no longer displays the sensor readouts from the two coolers (which is fine by me since I control the coolers with Link anyway).

Archived