Corsair Community

Product Idea - Corsair RGB Ram Slot Covers

Dicehunter

So at the moment I'm running 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB sticks, They look fantastic and their performance is speedy, But I have 2 empty slots which is annoying :p:

It got me thinking, As current memory prices are absurd, Almost double what I paid a mere 8 months ago, How about RGB ram slot covers.

They would basically be ram PCB's minus the memory chips, An RGB bar along the top and controlled via iCUE like current Corsair RGB memory, they could even have the same styling to blend in with the system.

This would give people who don't need extra ram or those who cannot afford the high prices of ram, The ability to populate their empty ram slots for "decoration".

w2AVHIs.jpg

• Corsair Employee
So at the moment I'm running 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB sticks, They look fantastic and their performance is speedy, But I have 2 empty slots which is annoying :p:

It got me thinking, As current memory prices are absurd, Almost double what I paid a mere 8 months ago, How about RGB ram slot covers.

They would basically be ram PCB's minus the memory chips, An RGB bar along the top and controlled via iCUE like current Corsair RGB memory, they could even have the same styling to blend in with the system.

This would give people who don't need extra ram or those who cannot afford the high prices of ram, The ability to populate their empty ram slots for "decoration".

w2AVHIs.jpg

As in dummy modules with the RGB strip?

• Corsair Employee
Yep, Exactly that :): would give people who don't need/want extra memory an extra option for interior decoration :D:

I can definitely mention that, never had though of it that way. I know some motherboards come with DIMM covers, though.

• 3 weeks later...
So me and several others were suggesting this to Corsair and it seems another company cottoned onto the idea with Aorus RGB Dummy Sticks -

https://www.pcmag.com/news/361585/pretend-you-have-more-ram-with-aorus-rgb-dummy-sticks

$

I saw this on Computex coverage and thought, it would be awesome if Corsair sold the 2x dummy sticks. It would be great to control everything in iCue!

• 1 month later...

Any news on whether this will happen? I'll be upgrading in the next few months and was thinking of buying the Vengeance RGB pro modules until I saw the Gigabyte sets with the dummy RAM sticks. Some of us don't run a gagillion programs at once but would still like our systems to look good!

Please Corsair, make it happen!

• 3 months later...

Archived