Corsair Community

Commander Pro and On-board sensors?

hurricane51

I have an H100i v2 and a Gigabyte Z370M D3H mobo. The mobo has 6 temp sensors. I just bought a Commander Pro. Can I skip the the Commander Pro sensors and use the motherboard sensors as the temp source for CLink fan control? They are available as sources for fan control now, but I don't know if the Commander Pro will change that. Essentially I'm looking to get control of the case fans out of the BIOS and into CLink via Commander Pro.

You can but I would recommend against it. It's difficult to know exactly where the motherboard sensors are so it's difficult to make sure that you have them correct. Your CoPro comes with 4 temperature sensors that you can place precisely where you want them and control fan speeds based on those sensors.

Thanks, but that's not really a problem. By monitoring the temps reported by the mobo in CLink sensors I can see which are getting hot and correct the fan speeds. It's a bit trial-and-error but it should suffice. And I always have the CoPro sensors to fall back on or to augment to mobo sensors.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Archived