Corsair Community

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 5.39 on Ryzen?

csrcdn

I am wondering if anyone has this exact RAM/memory and if they have a Ryzen system, what speed they are able to get?

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ver. 5.39 and 3200 mhz 16 gb etc.

I don't know if it matters about BIOS version or motherboard manufacturer but I was planning on considering a Ryzen build.

Financial circumstances delayed my build plans. I bought the memory during Black Friday - when it was on sale. I thought it was good plan but I'm not sure now.

The latest that I read was around the end of the year (December '17) and a few buyers of this RAM was saying they could only get up to 2933 mhz so I don't know if that has changed. There were no details, though, so I don't know if it mattered about the motherboard or BIOS.

I can't find anything recent although the motherboards seemed to be either MSI or Gigabyte boards (but, people were only reporting around 2933 mhz).

Any update or reports of this working at that speed or native 3200 mhz on Ryzen AM4 motherboards? Also, does it matter whether it's a B350 or X370 motherboard?

Thanks for any info on this. I would like to figure out what to do with the memory.

I am waiting to see what happens with the new AMD (Ryzen 2?) hardware to be released - I think it's this month or next month.

I think there's no issues with this chip(set) Hynix on Intel Coffee Lake but I want the option to go with Ryzen - might be a good idea at this time, too.... Maybe.

Most AM4 motherboards end up at DDR4-2933/3066 with kits like that and manual settings. The chipset is not really the issue, since the memory controller is part of the CPU itself. The motherboard itself does play a role however, since the higher end models often are better optimized for higher memory frequencies and feature a more robust memory training.

If you want DDR4-3200 that is able to run with XMP-Auto settings, you have to buy very specific kits for Ryzen. There are lists about it around the WWW. With other kits it can be hit and miss and often takes manual adjustments.

Later this month it is time for the Ryzen APUs, then Zen+ is due in april and Zen 2 will be in 2019.

• 4 months later...

I have 2 sticks of CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 and by the way... they are verified Samsung B-Die.

Since the last few BIOS updates on my MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard, they have ran at 3200 CAS 16 simply using XMP profile #2 in the BIOS. But a number of months ago they would only do 2933 stable which was XMP Option #1 in my BIOS. But now... #2 XMP option works no problem. Rock solid and verified stable with memtest86 and several hours of AIDA64.

In fact... Now on my same board with Ryzen 5 2600X I get 3200 14 14 14 34 timings stable. On MSI boards in the BIOS, they have a list of frequency and timings you can TRY and that one also works. So I can run that or 16 18 18 36 no problem. CAS 14 settings is faster a bit but so far only in RAM benchmarks. Not in anything else.

UPDATE - I apologize. Yes I have CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 but upon closer inspection of the sticker, mine is v4.31. OP was asking for v5.39 and I ignorantly assumed these were all the same. I see from another thread someone asked about the version numbers.

Ver4.31 = Samsung 8GBit B-Die <---- This is what I have.

Ver5.32 = Hynix 8Gbit CFR (they are probably either AFR or MFR, though)

Ver5.39 = Hynix 8GBit MFR

Charles.

Edited by cvearl

Pretty lucky to get B-Dies on these ;)

Overall memory support on my MSI B350M Mortar Arctic has gotten a lot better as well. With B-Dies it can even boot DDR4-3600 into Windows without manual adjustments just on A-XMP. You do still have to make some manual adjustments for full stablity, but that is still a big improvment compared to the early AM4 days.

Overall memory support on my MSI B350M Mortar Arctic has gotten a lot better as well. With B-Dies it can even boot DDR4-3600 into Windows without manual adjustments just on A-XMP. You do still have to make some manual adjustments for full stablity, but that is still a big improvment compared to the early AM4 days.

I am not sure about luck getting Samsung B-Die. They seemed to have 2 different 3200 Vengeance LPX part numbers. The first 2 kits I bought were the same part number for the store and both were stamped the same from Corsair. They both turned out to be Hynix.

Then I was returning the RAM and noticed they had another box there. Same product at the store level but the number on the stick was CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 5.39. I looked at two kits in the pile with this part number from this thread. Both kits tested as Samsung B-Die using Typhoon burner.

Now some months later I see they now sell an AMD kit. They are samsung B-Die. I see what you did there Corsair. The AMD kit is now $20 more. The regular kit is Hynix. You just need to know which kit is which.

C.

• 5 weeks later...

I have to concede. You are right! 5.39 would not be Samsung. Sorry for the confusion I might have created.

I apologize. Yes I have CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 but upon closer inspection of the sticker, mine is actually v4.31. OP was asking for v5.39 and I ignorantly assumed these were all the same. I see from another thread someone asked about the version numbers. 5.39 is Hynix. :(

Ver4.31 = Samsung 8GBit B-Die <---- This is what I have.

Ver5.32 = Hynix 8Gbit CFR (they are probably either AFR or MFR, though)

Ver5.39 = Hynix 8GBit MFR

• 11 months later...
Micron 8Gbit B-Die - Overall they should work just fine on Intel or AMD motherboards, even though timings might be a bit on the higher side. Depending on the model number and its specs, you might have to go with manual settings on AMD platforms. However with proper settings they can reach DDR4-3466/3600 on AM4. And if I remember correctly that is also (one of) the IC type(s) Corsair uses on their Ryzen compatible DDR4-3600 model in the form of CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18.