Corsair Community

RMA Issues

Powner

Well, after struggling through a month of the RMA process, I now hear that the 800D is out of stock. I started the RMA process on January 5th, and now at April 22nd, after calling back I hear that the 800D is actually out of stock, and I will have to wait until the first week of May to even have the possibility of it being shipped. I communicated with the Corsair Rep. I believe Justin G. (seemed nice enough) :) and we discussed how to fix the problem. However, communication must of not been great, and he thought that they had sent out a new side panel. So on January 25th, we got the process going again that it was not actually the side panel, but an issue with the spring inside of the thing that holds on the side panel, sorry for the incorrect terminology. Now, as of that point, I had heard that the new 900D was coming out, for only $50 more, but silly me, I decided to send it back to Corsair instead of getting a refund from Amazon and buying the new one. Today, April 22, I called to the RMA department, as I was unable to check online because of some new system to check support tickets, which by the way, is not simple enough to let you easily check old RMA numbers, and won't load properly all the time. I believe this new site will be great, as it's a lot easier than typing in the case number and a strange password every time, but it does not seem implemented correctly at the moment. But, as I was saying, I called today to find that my case is there, but sitting around for another 2-3 weeks until new units arrived. It's not that any one part or any one person of Corsair has been bad, from what I've heard their customer support is unparalleled and I'm keen to agree, but after waiting 3 months, partly my and UPS's fault as I did not ship the first week after getting the RMA form, and UPS took forever to ship, but again after 3 months, I have no case and my rig is sitting for the most part idle on my desk. I guess it would have been best to just have returned it to Amazon.. but I guess that's just being passive aggressive. One last point that was kind of frustrating is that after I found out about the 900D and I had already sent my case in, I asked if I could possibly get an upgrade, of course paying the extra ~$50 for the newer model. To sum it up, my experience hasn't been great and it seems like it could have easily been better, but I will not complain anymore. Every other Corsair product, my H100i, my Ax860i, my 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram, and the AF120's have been great, but unfortunately, my RMA has been mediocre at best. Thanks for those who read, sorry for those offended, and extra sorry for those who TL'DR'd. Cheers!

• Corsair Employee

What was your RMA# and I will be happy to see what we can do to sort that out?

Normally with a case we do not have you send the case back, we will just send the parts need to repair the case if it was damaged in some way that is covered under warranty

• Corsair Employee
Case #: 5464821

The issue is that it was DOA

Thanks!

I am sorry but how can a case be DOA? I dont see how that is possible! :eek:

However I will send a message to our customer service for you and see what they can do.

Haha that's a good question. When I first unbowed the 800D,and I had removed the foam inserts, immediately the glass panel side door unhinged. I try reinserting it, but the black plunger/pushbutton would not move at all. After looking all over the forums, I found a similar problem that I believe you responded to saying something along lines of that I needed to remove the spring inside, and put it back in. I tried this, but to no avail, the side panel would now go back on, but would come unhinged in around 10-30 seconds. I believe it was DOA as I had just unbowed it, and was already needing to repair it. Thanks!

Archived