Corsair Community

ASUS PK5C and TW3X4G1333C9DHX (4G of DD3 1333)

ari

I'd like to buy 4GB of DD3 / 1333 memory (in two x 2GB sticks) for my PK5C system.

I've spotted this module:

TW3X4G1333C9DHX DDR3-1333 (XMS3-10666C9) 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB)

which is listed here (at the bottom of the page):

http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=178910

However, in Corsair Labs' own tests with this mobo there are no test with 4GB DD3 configurations at all. So now I am wondering whether anyone has actually tested the TW3X4G1333C9DHX with a P5KC.

Since this kit is quite expensive, I'd like to be sure I'm buying the right thing.

Two questions for the RAM expert folks then:

1) Are the TW3X4G1333C9DHX modules supposed to work with my P5KC?

2) Has anyone actually tested this configuration?

3) Any user reports on this? (google doesn't seem to show me any)

Thanks!

Scroll down the page. You will find the TW3X4G1333-C9DHX kit listed at the top of the complete list of modules compatible with the P5KC. Just set the latency timing parameters listed (with the DIMM voltage set to 1.7 Volts), and you're good to go.

As for the performance test reports with 4GB DDR3 kits, there are none published at Corsair's site for any motherboard at this time.

Thanks for your reply. I saw the list, but I am wondering what it means.

Does it mean that Corsair actually tested this memory on the board, or are they recommending based on the chipset?

I've heard that certain memory types have problems with this board and I can't seem to find any user report on this board with DD3 2GB sticks (or 2 x 2GB, like I'd like to have).

Since this is quite expensive, I'd like to be reasonably sure this will work before I buy.

TIA

• Corsair Employee

The Memory Configurator gives suggestions based on the Make and model of MB and the chipset that is used. Honestly there is no way we can test every MB from every maker but we have tested that MB model.

Please see the Performance Reports on these modules and other like modules to get an idea of the MB's and what we did to run them at the tested settings.

Thanks RAMGUY.

I've seen the reports. Fairly recently, similar modules have been tested, but these were 1GB modules, not 2GB modules.

[OPEN] TWIN3X2048-1333C9 4/8/2008 Asus P5KC

[OPEN] TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX 4/8/2008 Asus P5KC

I'm a bit concerned of not finding any report on anyone using 2GB modules in the DDR3 slots of this mobo.

Also, I see from your performance reports that no TWIN3X4G (DDR3, kit of 2 x 2G) module has been tested yet with *any* ASUS mobo.

I understand that Corsair can not possibly test every mobo with every new module combination.

But, since no test was done with TWIN3X4G modules in any ASUS mobo, is it unreasonable to ask for someone in the labs to have a look? (hopefully with the p5kc)

in any case, thanks a lot for following up.

• Corsair Employee
I would personally go with the P5KE Premium as it is a better MB and has a better BIOS support than the P5KC but we will and do test MB's every day and the P5Kc is one that has been scheduled. It will just take a few more weeks before it shows up on the reports. According to the Tech who tested the MB at the time we tested that MB would not run any 4 Gig set of modules. I am not sure if there have been BIOS updates that may have corrected that for the P5KC but since you will use DDR3 I would suggest going to a true DDR3 MB for best performance and compatibility.

Archived