Corsair Community

Corsair Link show nothing after latest update!

astrit_arsllani

Yes, bug was introduced with the latest update.

When Link starts blank then also the fans dont goninto their rpm/lighting profiles and stuck at 650rpm and rainbow wave mode.

And that's an indication that the Link Service isn't starting. Now ... what I'd like to understand is if that's the OP's problem or if its something different.

Because we have seen cases where the service starts and runs fine but still doesn't display in Link.

i just looked at the task manager and corsair link service is well runing

So ... that says that something is possibly blocking the communication link.

Are you running an antivirus and, if so, which one? What happens if you disable it and then restart Link (exit/restart ... this shuts down the service).

So ... that says that something is possibly blocking the communication link.

Are you running an antivirus and, if so, which one? What happens if you disable it and then restart Link (exit/restart ... this shuts down the service).

i dont have any antivirus or malware software, even when i restarted Link or Windows it was the same, and i just tried to unistalled and now i cant even reinstall the software i get an error " error code 0x80070652 "

well, the MSI installation failed. Exactly why it failed is hard to say; the MSI error codes are pretty mysterious.

So ... the files are there but it's not fully installed. It's also possible that the service isn't installed either. You should see "Corsair Link Service" listed in the Services application ... that's required to be running to get anything on the screen.

At this point, your best option is to do a reboot and reinstall; hopefully the reboot will clear out whatever caused the installer to fail.

well, the MSI installation failed. Exactly why it failed is hard to say; the MSI error codes are pretty mysterious.

So ... the files are there but it's not fully installed. It's also possible that the service isn't installed either. You should see "Corsair Link Service" listed in the Services application ... that's required to be running to get anything on the screen.

At this point, your best option is to do a reboot and reinstall; hopefully the reboot will clear out whatever caused the installer to fail.

what if i SHIFT+DELETE the files in " C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4 " then i install the software? would that help?

Hey everyone!

I just signed up to add my voice to this issue as well. I've been able to repro it when I resume from sleep and login to Windows quickly. What seems to be happening for my setup is the 'CLink4Service' gets caught in 'Stopping' and never recovers.

So with all that tracked down I decided to look into a bit of PowerShell scripting upon Windows resume. I'm no pro at this but I did come up with this little snippet of code.

Please feel free to optimize and change anything you see!

$CorsairService = 'CLink4Service'
$CorsairProcess = 'CorsairLink4'
$CLinkPath = 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.exe'

#Get state of service
$ServiceState = (Get-WmiObject win32_service | where { $_.name -eq $CorsairService}).State

if ($ServiceState -ne 'Running') {
#Kill service (usually gets stuck at 'Stopping')
$ServicePID = (Get-WmiObject win32_service | where { $_.name -eq $CorsairService}).ProcessID
Stop-Process $ServicePID -Force

#Kill Corsair Link if exists
$ProcessList = Get-Process $CorsairProcess -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
if (!$ProcessList.HasExited) {
	$ProcessList | Stop-Process -Force
}

#Start Corsair Link to refresh program and service status
Start-Process $CLinkPath
#Delay
Sleep 5
#Close to System Tray
Get-Process $CorsairProcess | % { $_.CloseMainWindow() | Out-Null }
}

Once this is saved as a PowerShell script, I tied it to a custom scheduled task that triggers 15 seconds after resuming from sleep. If anyone is interested in that, make the 'Trigger" be an "On an event" and use these settings:

[basic]
Log: System
Source: Kernel-Power
Event ID: 107

So far this has turned out to be a great workaround until a fix is released from Corsair.

Hope this helps. Thanks for reading!

Archived